Get a new apple mac system + Logic X for under $1200

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V0RT3X wrote:I imagine you can get a much better system with windows for the money if you shopped about, and potentially if you took the time I imagine you could put together a Hackintosh and still get your hands on Logic :tu:
Yep, that likely true. If I'd be in that position, I don't know if I'd use a hackintosh though, probably just Windows and Studio One (to stay in the price range - I won't leave Live at this moment ;) )

BDeep wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:I imagine you can get a much better system with windows for the money if you shopped about, and potentially if you took the time I imagine you could put together a Hackintosh and still get your hands on Logic :tu:
Yep, that likely true. If I'd be in that position, I don't know if I'd use a hackintosh though, probably just Windows and Studio One (to stay in the price range - I won't leave Live at this moment ;) )
Yah I can't leave live either. I've tried using Bitwig and i was amazed at the results but the interface felt kind of backwards and I'm so used to live.
:borg:

I have yet to try Bitwig, but what I've seen and heard suggests it isn't there yet, but shows great promise! And the competition will be good for the development of Live I guess. But I'm not switching DAWs that easily, they all have their flaws and I rather know one inside out.

BDeep wrote:I'm not switching DAWs that easily, they all have their flaws and I rather know one inside out.
Exactly this is how I feel about using Live. The only other DAW i am trying to invest serious time in is Logic and between the two I don't feel I need to learn another even though I was demoing Renoise and Bitwig.

I'm going to stick with learning stuff I know from now on. I'd rather not spend a year learning a new DAW.
:borg:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”