Alchemy CM and Ableton Live 9 Suite

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've installed Alchemy CM onto my PC according to the instructions in the Computer Music 68 Special Issue (page 29), but Ableton won't open it up. Not sure why. Any ideas would be appreciated - thanks.

charliecheese wrote:I've installed Alchemy CM onto my PC according to the instructions in the Computer Music 68 Special Issue (page 29), but Ableton won't open it up. Not sure why. Any ideas would be appreciated - thanks.
You installed the VST in the folder where Albeton looks for VSTs right?

"You installed the VST in the folder where Albeton looks for VSTs right?"

Thanks for responding quickly. The answer is yes. I even added the folder to the menu in Ableton where you get into plug-ins, instruments, etc. Nothing happens.

I see that there was problems with Alchemy in Ableton previously, maybe the same still applies to Live 9:

http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/Alchemy/ ... leton_Live

"I see that there was problems with Alchemy in Ableton previously, maybe the same still applies to Live 9."

I also rescanned the vst folder as suggested (press Alt and rescan). Nothing happened.

Thank you for trying to help as well. I appreciate it.

Ableton Live if your on Live 64 bit will not see or load 32 bit plugins.

1st make sure you are using the 32 bit version with the 32 bit plugin OR the 64 bit with 64 bit plugin.

Alchemy CM is the same as Alchemy Player with an additional 100 presets.

You can go to Camel Audio website and get the official Alchemy Player if there is something wrong with your CM version. You can load the presets into the library later on and play those 100 extra once you get things working.

CM versions of plugins are often not the latest updated versions. There may be bug fixes or a newer version of the free plugin at the manufactures website.

Alchemy isn't 64Bit Live supported and there's no way around it as far as I know. I've tried using '32 Lives' which makes 32Bit VST's compatible with 64Bit DAWS, and it works with Sylenth and a few others that have the same problem but unfortunately not Alchemy.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”