No Frills Audio Interface?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just sold my Apogee Duet due to the fact it was surplus to requirements. Is there an ideal, good quality replacement for under £50. I'm not after any inputs as I don't use any hardware to produce but I do need balanced output for my monitors?

Is the M-Audio firewire solo any good? Or os there better for the price?

the Lexicon Alpha has balanced outputs and good converters/sound.

I called M-Audio about their Fast Track audio interface and they told me basically that it is very quality. They spoke about it in "factual opinion" and to me what they said was enough fro me to want to give it a try.

Inexpensive, quality, no extras added. Just quality and inexpensive.

look for deals coming up maybe too. Ofcourse, it's the Holiday's.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

I dont think you will get anything decent for £50, unless its second hand.

There is the Focusrite Scarlett Solo which has just come out at £80, which to me looks like the best budget interface available.

I got a Steinberg Mi2 this morning on eBay for £28.99 delivered. Looks decent enough, and at little under £30 it has balanced TRS outputs as well as Midi in/out and two inputs (which I still wouldn't use). I've not received it yet so can't comment on its sound quality but as it turns out, I never needed the bleeding thing in the first place. I have a Pioneer DDJ-SR for DJ'ing/Performing and it's also a very decent audio interface too, with balanced outputs and a pre-amp for the headphones.
So essentially I've wasted £29. May just keep the Mi2 still just as it's a good thing to have.

I'm liking the Steinberg UR22 for my live laptop system.

Nice sound and the latency is a bit better than the Focusrite Scarlett's (important when laying live).
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

UR22. Better than the Focusrite equivalents in the same price bracket in my experience. Solid hardware and decent drivers.

UR22 is awesome, really. I think I paid £90 for mine brand new so they won't be far off £50 used.

Behringer FCA202F (firewire): less than 60€ new. 24bit/96khz, ultralow latency, nice product, but no preamps.
Focusrite Scarlett Solo (usb): 99€ new. A little jewel.

FYI, the Behringer FCA202 only has 32-bit drivers available. I have one and can't use it because of this. It was a great interface in "the day" though, (when I ran XP).

G

UR22. has all the right tasty bits cheap.
I scrupulously avoid anything using MAudio drivers.
..what goes around comes around..

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”