Getting Started - TimeToProduce

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, i'm new here and found you when was looking for some helpeful sites and some guy voted you nr. 1
pretty nice of him.

But anyway i am edm producer for a year now and i need an advice.

I have already one thin, software and also a laptop , obviously.
Anything else?
If yes, what then.
And i'm asking, what should i buy? Monitors (Speakers), or a pair of headphones for mixing?

Monitors are better, also acoustic treatmen for your room, an audio interface is also required for low latency drivers and recording.
dedication to flying

A midi keyboard / controller can be handy too. What software are you using?

okay
i'm using fl studio 11 producer editition.

But when i produce, i can't really mix because of bad speakers and headphones. Same with mastering.

About monitors. Is monitors REALLY necessary, isn't headphones and monitors even?
I don't wanna use monitors because, my room is not so big, and i'm not living alone.

Monitors are essential for mixing IMHO ... decent headphones can help but they're no substitute.

Forget about mastering now, just focus con composition and then mixing.

Headphones and monitors and not even, you can mix with headphones but they are not as good as a decent pair of monitors, also its tyring to mix on headphones.
dedication to flying

okay thanks so much both of you!

rod_zero wrote:Forget about mastering now, just focus con composition and then mixing.
For now that is the best advice for you, from your story you are far from even producing, forget mastering.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

I have been making music about year too(I'm 17 years). I have been good with Logic. I starting to know it pretty well. I feel pretty relaxed with programming. I think you could set some templates ready to go, for composing, to suit your style.
Don't worry about mastering, learn basics of mixing. Volume adjust, panning and some eq.

I'm getting my room for music soon. I did upgrade my monitoring, audio interface and treatment. Soon 1st analog mono and mic to record percussion, vox and acoustic guitar. I have digital piano also and access to real grand in nice room sometimes. Basically all I wanted in my 1st year is to hear things better :)

Learn music theory and basics of composition. I started to take piano/percussion lessons almost 1 year ago
and some time ago I did my 1st composition for the video. Learn your daw inside out, then you will notice what you might need more.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”