KRK Rokit 5 G3: Getting the right LF adjustment

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVR Forums,

so though I'm learning a lot recently (last 6 months - I know, its no time), I'm still a mixing-'noob'.
I don't know if I just have to get into it or maybe my acoustic is not that good for this but I have some problems eq-ing the sub-bass and bass frequencies. Its so hard to hear them through my monitors - I often have to bounce the mix to test-listen over my cheap Creative 2.1 PC speakers to know where the bass sits.

I have one monitor right in a corner of the room and my setting for it are like the manual said: LF at -2db.
The second monitor is right against the wall, so its LF is -1db.

So I thought maybe I can help myself in making some acoustic improvements in my room.
I'm able to get some cool foam stuff that looks like those sound absorbers (I'm working in logistics and the warehouseguys have some cool packing materials).
Back in the days having my own band in my garage, we wallpapered the whole walls and the ceiling with that stuff getting a very very very dry and silent room :)

I thought I can use these 'absorbers' again in my room and put them for example behind my monitors (if that makes any sense)

Does putting those absorbers behind the monitors make any sense? If so, should I adjust the LP levels now?

Thank you very much! :)

P.S.: Uh damnit.. sorry for that last pic with all the dust on the monitor^^

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”