best pa speakers?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who is the equivalant to waves.com in pa speakers?

I want quality for cheap.

The peavey dark matters look like qsc are they any good?

Mainly im looking for top quality for inexspensive.

I appreciate it. Thanks. I make edm rock metal.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Quality and cheap means buy second-hand or rent when you actually have a gig. If you rent, you can test what works well for you. If you gig, you can put in the contract the party organiser is responsible for supplying the PA. Different venues require different PAs.
Most DJs only bring a box with their music, and don't lug around a PA with them. Otherwise you spend sn extra hour setting it up and an extra hour tearing it down. Think twice. ..
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Thanks.

Yeh that sounds reasonable.

But i want to do gigs in a parking lot.

Haha sounds funny. But its a church.

So the thing is. Will the church let me.

Haha.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

You don't want the Waves of PA speakers, because for your needs, you will be grotesquely wasting your money. The overwhelming majority of listeners won't be able to tell the difference between $100 PA's and $1,000 PA's, so save yourself the hassle and just get a cheap set that sounds good to you.

Now if you're going to be mixing, you want studio monitors, not PA speakers. But you didn't ask about mixing, so I won't get into that for now.
Check out my YouTube channel for vocal effects tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/Shaloxeroligon1

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”