QUESTION ABOUT GUITAR VST BENDS

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a guitar vst that will recognize the bends in a midi file and produce it when I drop the midi onto a DAW live Ableton and then load a guitar vst? Like Vir2 products or Musiclab? Do I have to mess with the midi within Ableton on the piano roll to accomplish this?

It's a poor vsti that will not recognise MIDI pitch-bend data. There's usually a parameter to change how much pitch-bend takes place eg 1 semi-tone, 2 semi-tones etc. I use Shreddage and use pitch-bend for whammy dive-bombs.

lucmark wrote:Do I have to mess with the midi within Ableton on the piano roll to accomplish this?
It's very difficult to emulate real string bends period, but you should probably try with a pitch wheel rather than try to do it just on the piano roll.
Sweet child in time...

The 1-2 punch for guitar VST's is the bend on the pitch wheel and the trem on the mod wheel. IMHO, it's simply not a guitar emulation without these. With a little practice, you can get a very convincing lead using these with most decent guitar vsts.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

How would I map the pitch wheel to the midi track? I mean I already put the bends in the midi file in Guitar Pro. Isn't it supposed to come out of Ableton with those bends playing, given that I mapped them in Guitar Pro when I created the midi file?

Isn't it supposed to come out of Ableton with those bends playing
In Ableton (and any other DAW) you can assign pitch bend, mod wheel or any other parameter to automation.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

lucmark wrote:How would I map the pitch wheel to the midi track? I mean I already put the bends in the midi file in Guitar Pro. Isn't it supposed to come out of Ableton with those bends playing, given that I mapped them in Guitar Pro when I created the midi file?
If I understand correctly, you made a MIDI file in Guitar Pro which contains Pitch Bend information. Does it work as expected in Guitar Pro? If yes, then ... which version of Guitar Pro are you using? According to the Internet (which never lies :lol: ) GP5 ''doesn't respect the regulations that were set for the MIDI clock ... etc''.

Quote from: http://www.gprotab.net/forum/topic.php?id=1880

Now you've imported that MIDI file into Ableton Live in order to play a different virtual instrument. What virtual instrument do you have on the MIDI track in Ableton Live? It may be that this instrument is not capable of responding to Pitch Bend, or that it may need to be enabled. I notice you mentioned more that one virtual instrument. Please stick to a specific example. Ableton Live ... which virtual Instrument?

If you can, perhaps you could attach the MIDI file to a message here at KvR, so we can examine it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”