Updating gear

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Located in Canada, using Cubase 5.1 with heavy VST sample library use for classical contemporary music. I get things to sound fairly realistic adding 'room tone/background hiss' tracks as well as convolution reverb.
My midi tracks are always very complex because I just record different instruments by 'feel'. So the process of quantizing and then importing to sibelius to make a score is grueling work. There must be an easier way, any suggestions on software upgrade or other programs to try or just how to go about this properly?

I would like to start learning MAX msp/jitter and pro-tools and move into doing live improvised performance and sound art/installations and Electric Acoustic, Acousmatic stuff.

I would also like to start looking into how to start doing experimental video or film music.

My first love is just writing new music, but I hate to transcribe that stuff simply due to the amount of mind numbing work involved and the inaccurate results when trying to quantize the instruments to all fit into beats. This can often ruin a particular feel of a section or textural effect.

Running Win 7 64-bit, Cubase 5.1, 16GB ram, i7-2600 @3.4GHz 3.7HGz

I think it's possible to do it in reverse and transcribe everything into Sibelius first, then export each instrument as a separate midi track and import each into your DAW. Not sure if that helps or not.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”