Audio Latency and automation - quick question

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I do some automation at 100 ms but increase the buffer for the cpu to 450ms, does that mean the automation will trigger at 450 ms instead of the more accurate curves at the lower buffer setting. Does automation the cut off for instance have a 450 ms delay to the recorded events, or even tweaking for live playback, if the buffer is set to that amount. I did some test, and it seems to be that way, but I've never really noticed it till recently. Is this true?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

It depends on the host. So what's yours?

I've heard some hosts do parameter automation only on buffer boundaries (assuming that's often enough)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I tried it in orion and I can definitely tell the latency is there with the parameters. When I record automation with 450ms buffer I can tell. When I lower the buffer I get better response time for the parameters.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”