feeling demotivated (what to do)

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lejurai wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
chk071 wrote:Feeling demotivated is kind of a permanent state for me, with everything. :(
You should consider some serious meditation :P
Probably a good idea... :P Personally, meditation always drives me nuts, but maybe it'd be worth a shot again.(Been at this for three years now...)
Interesting. Could you describe bit more presicely what do you mean by "drives me nuts"? :D Because generally, if you feel you can't focus or there's just too much "traffic" in your head, you're doing it right since you notice that how anxious your mind is. Then it just needs practice practice practice until you've silenced your head (couple of weeks of daily meditation. At least 15-20 minutes twice a day).

Earlier I meditated with method of sitting on the floor comfortably in lotus position, closing my eyes and focusing to my breathing. It works great but now I decided to try something different so now I do zen meditation. Which means that I sit on the floor but I force my spine straigth and stare to one point until the world just blurs around that spot and later everything becomes light.

Makes wonders to your creativity and your life in generally :tu:
A lot of times having a lot going on in my mind feels normal, and it's always been very difficult for me to simply sit and quiet my mind. Maybe I have ADHD or something, I don't know. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

zenophilix wrote:A lot of times having a lot going on in my mind feels normal, and it's always been very difficult for me to simply sit and quiet my mind. Maybe I have ADHD or something, I don't know. :hihi:
I have adhd :P Everything would be a total mess without meditation and I don't need any "medication" to make me ill/zombie. Usually people have a lot going on in their minds because world just throws up stuff to them. Tv, radio, internet, schedules.. hurry hurry hurry. And sooner or later that leads to burnouts, depression, anxiety, etc. That's why (at least I believe that) it's important to just silence down and totally empty your mind every day. Besides you have more space for inspiration in your head when it's not filled with ordinary day stuff ;)

I have the same problems, but I pretty quick learned not to stick to full projects for now. Rather produce a lot of loops and learn new things, where time is way better invested.

Sure, when one never try to figure out why he can't progress in his/her composition, then one will maybe never find out. But I think that if that happens, it is also because there is lack of knowledge.

And then I think it might be better to focus on learning various things from different areas and try weeks later to put it all together again, and if it still doesn't work, repeat and move on.

For example I am learning sounddesign, music theory, notes, playing piano and a bit composing. I can try every 4 weeks with my new knowledge if I find faster solutions for composing problems, and if I feel that I am not ready and it's not just a matter of figuring out, then I move on and keep learning and try it later again.
Learn how to create your own, unique patches: https://www.udemy.com/course/how-to-bec ... 7FE52CBBAA

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/foxedge

Lejurai wrote:
zenophilix wrote:A lot of times having a lot going on in my mind feels normal, and it's always been very difficult for me to simply sit and quiet my mind. Maybe I have ADHD or something, I don't know. :hihi:
I have adhd :P Everything would be a total mess without meditation and I don't need any "medication" to make me ill/zombie. Usually people have a lot going on in their minds because world just throws up stuff to them. Tv, radio, internet, schedules.. hurry hurry hurry. And sooner or later that leads to burnouts, depression, anxiety, etc. That's why (at least I believe that) it's important to just silence down and totally empty your mind every day. Besides you have more space for inspiration in your head when it's not filled with ordinary day stuff ;)
Wise words. :tu: In german, we call that "Entschleunigung". Definitely something most people should take to heart these days.

Stay positive.

Probably already said, but maybe listening to different music that you might have never heard before.
I do that a lot, when looking for inspiration.

JoseC. wrote:"Producing" is not the same thing as "composing". I don't know how much you know about composing music, but taking a musical idea and creating a music piece out of it, no matter the genre, is what composing is about. Try to learn a bit more about that, too, there is plenty of info around.
Like what JoseC said, learning more about music theory, and song writing can help boost your creativity whenever you're composing. Producing is a very different process in music making. So yeah, try to learn more about music, not just the art, but the theory lie behind it.
I was struggling just like you before, and I think it's the same problems across the globe. The important thing to do when this happen is to stick with it no matter what. Because if you stop now, then nothing come out. Ideas come and go, even the top musician, producers, or songwriter in my hometown also have this problem, and they've been in this business way longer than us. So yeah, keep pushing on my friend. :) Hope this help
:hihi: :love:

If your sense of feeling demotivated is because you reach the same point in each project and want it to sound differently, do some research. If you enjoy the process of starting a new track and working on it for a while, keep doing that. I'm sure we all have more unfinished works than finished tracks here.

A handful of months might not be long enough for an old track to sound fresh to the ears. Give yourself a break and keep learning and creating until you want to open an old project and add a little more.

Finishing a track is not easy. It takes time, patience and love.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”