Drums VSTi similar to this...?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
I am in love with this song, lately, and I particularly like the drums sounds. Can you suggest me some VSTs which could help me achieve a similar sound? Possibly free, but whatever.

Thank you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMNIilUbBAg

not sure what youre asking.

so my first answer would be (for simplicitys sake)...any sampler and a bunch of d&b loops.

do you want a drum machine in which you can create sounds and sequence patterns yourself? or are you looking to manipulate samples (loops and one shots)?

a little more info on what you want to do would be helpful.
ImageImageImage

ChaosWyrm is right; you're asking a lot of questions wrapped into one. There's probably not going to be a quick solution, assuming you're unfamiliar with the drum production techniques in the drum & bass style.

It not only involves finding good tools, but also finding the right samples for your preferred sound, the right break loops to slice up, the right drum processing and mixing, the composition technique, and more. It's a pretty deep topic. Some of the most sophisticated technician artists have their roots in that style.

Alternatively, you could find a VST that plays back & remixes pre-composed, pre-mixed D&B clips. Kinda treat the drums as a preset. Maybe something like Novation Launchpad? Not sure, but a guess.

But if you want to learn how to make those kinds of drums from scratch, like the notable artists in that style, then you've got a journey ahead of you. ;)

A sampler and some break beats is all you need.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”