Compact Midi Keyboard, Nice Playability

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks.
Which midi keyboard would you advice me?
I need something small to put before my pc keyboard and than quickly put apart when not needed. I hope I'm not asking for too much, but if it has 3 octaves, and is still compact, that would be great. Something with slim keys preferably, but that has nice feel to it when played.

I'm also thinking of buying a slim keys for my laptop and as a portable controller.

I think Arturia Keystep is my best option as I like the size and functionality of it. My hands are small so I have no problems with slim keys.
https://www.arturia.com/keystep/overview

This might be what you are looking for as well.

EnGee wrote:I'm also thinking of buying a slim keys for my laptop and as a portable controller.

I think Arturia Keystep is my best option as I like the size and functionality of it. My hands are small so I have no problems with slim keys.
https://www.arturia.com/keystep/overview

This might be what you are looking for as well.
Seconded, looks like a solid 'board. Also take a look at some of the smaller IK Multimedia keyboards, some come bundled with Sampletank. :tu:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

But where can you see the Keystep's dimension? I can't find the parameters anywhere!

Passante wrote:But where can you see the Keystep's dimension? I can't find the parameters anywhere!
Strange that I couldn't find this info also, not in the manual and not in the stores they sell it.
I think the reason is that it's available as a Pre-order only now, so it's not available in the stock yet.

Roland A49
dedication to flying

That's not compact. Thanks for the suggestion though.

rod_zero wrote:Roland A49
Roland A49 def

I've contacted the dealer here in NZ about the Keystep and it is still didn't arrive yet. The price will be around $220 NZD, which is OK for me, so I'm thinking of pre-ordering it next week. The size I have estimated it the same size of my PC keyboard (little bit more or less maybe), which I like.

I couldn't find other midi controllers with slim keys.

I was looking for a small keyboard as well, and Arturia ones were eliminated on early rounds due to quality control issues. (google it) Right now I am rather tempted by IK minikeys with free full version of Sampletank3. But people seem to like feel of Korg ones, and it's available with 61 keys. decisions decisions

xenofungus wrote:I was looking for a small keyboard as well, and Arturia ones were eliminated on early rounds due to quality control issues. (google it) Right now I am rather tempted by IK minikeys with free full version of Sampletank3. But people seem to like feel of Korg ones, and it's available with 61 keys. decisions decisions
I have googled it but I didn't find something! I've just found some few posts talking about BeatStep quality control problems!

I have BeatStep and it works great! So? :shrug:

EnGee wrote:
xenofungus wrote:I was looking for a small keyboard as well, and Arturia ones were eliminated on early rounds due to quality control issues. (google it) Right now I am rather tempted by IK minikeys with free full version of Sampletank3. But people seem to like feel of Korg ones, and it's available with 61 keys. decisions decisions
I have googled it but I didn't find something! I've just found some few posts talking about BeatStep quality control problems!

I have BeatStep and it works great! So? :shrug:

Check out Arturia own forums.
dedication to flying

Where? Can you post some links?

nektar lx series

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”