Introduction and question

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I found Acoustica, after some dissatisfaction with other sound editors. The other relevant point is, I am uneasy around computers, and I require some pretty basic advice to accomplish anything.

I will try to describe my problem, and hope there is a simple solution.

I have recorded an hour long file from youtube, and it consists of about 15 different songs. But when listening to this file on an MP3 player, there is no way to "jump" ahead several songs. Instead, one must simply press "fast forward" on the player, and wait. Because the MP3 player sees the file as one big file, there is no way to individually select any specific song.

I have figured out how to open up this large file in Acoustica, and I can see the tiny gaps between songs, but I cannot see how to separate this huge file into many small files.

Thanks in advance for your help, (and remember - I need "baby steps" advice.)
Felix

Welcome to KVR!
Now, what do you mean, Accoustica? Accoustica is a company. Do you mean Mixcraft?
I have only ever used Cubase and Mixbus, but I assume the operation is similar.
Anyway, generally, you would split the audio at appropriate points and copy/paste to another track. Do this as many times as needed, giving the tracks sensible names. Then render/export them to your hdd.
Alternatively, use loop locators and export the loops one at a time.
This really is a case of rtfm.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”