Tube amplifier with toroidal audio transformers

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tube amplifier with toroidal audio transformers.
11.jpg
22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Paul13 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tube amplifiers in general are expensive placebo. the music already contains all of the tubeyness you need, no need to further muddy up the signal.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I can't agree with you on this matter.

Paul13 wrote:I can't agree with you on this matter.
Well sorry for you then, but I totally agree with Burillo.
You asked for an opinion and got one (plus one = 2) :shrug:

In our context (producing music) it's extremely important that what you hear in your headphones resembles the average listening space as much as possible. So tube distortion (even very subtle) is unwanted.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Paul13 wrote:Hello.
What do you think about headphone tube amplifier with toroidal audio transformers?
toraudio.xxx
I think the fact that you've posted this, word for word, as your first ever post in various other forums indicates you probably have some connection to the company selling them.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Paul13 wrote:Hello.
What do you think about headphone tube amplifier with toroidal audio transformers?
toraudio.xxx
I think the fact that you've posted this, word for word, as your first ever post in various other forums indicates you probably have some connection to the company selling them.
Actually, I just wanted to ask...

If you're listening to old jazz records from the 30's and 40's, maybe you're recreating some of the sonic experience of those bygone days. Otherwise... I have to agree with everyone else. This is an expensive gimmick that has no bearing on music produced now. If the artist, producer, engineer, etc wants the qualities of tube amplification in their track, they will add it. If not, it doesn't belong there. Sorry.

RichieWitch wrote:If you're listening to old jazz records from the 30's and 40's, maybe you're recreating some of the sonic experience of those bygone days. Otherwise... I have to agree with everyone else. This is an expensive gimmick that has no bearing on music produced now. If the artist, producer, engineer, etc wants the qualities of tube amplification in their track, they will add it. If not, it doesn't belong there. Sorry.
Thank you!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”