Why aren't animated avatars/signatures allowed?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I looked through the site/forum rules and saw that animation isn't allowed in avatars/signatures. What's the reason for that? Why don't you allow animation in those areas? I understand the other rules, but that one confuses me, because I've seen animated signatures on other website forums, and they allow it there. Were people using them for spam? :?

stargate38 wrote:What's the reason for that?
Because they're f**king annoying as f**k.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

because Donkey Tugger spoilt it for everyone :hihi: :hihi:

i like to put it,
attention is the most valuable commodity in the universe.

if you don't respect other peoples' desire to focus on their sovereign intent, well, wait until you're an old bugger as well.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Originally cos pages loaded to slowly (on dial-up)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:because Donkey Tugger spoilt it for everyone :hihi: :hihi:
lol

Ohell no.

I've been to those forums, and all the anigifs make it look like they're populated by kids who need their Ritalin doses adjusted. And some of the sigs take up half a screen whenever somebody posts a one-word reply.

I do sometimes wish we allowed community downvoting to collapse some really annoying posts here, though...

Because overly sensitive types and their first world problems. :cry:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

To focus your attention on animated ads, I assume ;)
With great sound comes great power.

I could not care less because I have disabled the display of any signatures and animated Flash content 8)

Btw, this thread should be here:
viewforum.php?f=2

whyterabbyt wrote:
stargate38 wrote:What's the reason for that?
Because they're f**king annoying as f**k.
Amen. :D

Bring back the Dancing Todger! :x

But no other animated gifs, please.

It wasn't only DT. "Back in the day" there was a time when everyone on this forum started posting big obnoxious animated gifs in their signature. It became enough of a problem that Ben finally had to crack down on it and wrote the rules we have today.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

lucidsamples wrote:To focus your attention on animated ads, I assume ;)
...and the animated emojis

:o :lol: :x :P :cry: :hihi: :roll: :love: :help: :hyper: :clap: :pray: :oops: :-x :phew: :-o :shock: :tantrum: :shrug: :drunk: :hail: :box: :wheee: :bang: :nutter: :uhuhuh: :smack: :harp: :band:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

[desperately looking for dancing penis animation]
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”