Best priced vst synth you own?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you can snag the Air Music Tech complete collection, I personally think it's amazing value... But only if you're running 1080p or LOWER resolution.

Probably for the price/sound quality/flexibility/stability/customer service...u-he ACE.

Synthmaster is great for the money as well.

I got the most value for my money from Omnipshere and Nexus
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I paid $10 + $26 for SM 2 + SM One crossgrade. Nothing beats that.

Also paid 44 EUR for ACE. Fantastic value too.

Most of my pay synths are either best bought in bundles or are now discontinued. If I had to choose just one synth to take on a desert island, it would be Harmor. It's definitely not cheap, although IL do sales every now and then.

It does allow you to go incredibly deep into programming if you want to, but is also completely usable as a quick fire subtractive synth. It's also extremely versatile, so you can pull off most types of sounds. Steep learning curve though.

If you're looking for cheap and cheerful, just keep an eye out for deals that might be coming up with Black Friday. You might find the odd synth gets heavily discounted, and if you're not looking for anything specific, probably a good time to buy.

One Ping Only
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I have Reaktor but I really don't recommend it unless you need lots of avant-garde dissonant electronic sounds. I've spent many hours playing with it and the bundled synths but never really found anything very useful. I'd much rather spend that money on something like HIVE which has conventional music sounds (though that's not cheap either) - Synthmaster on the other hand is worth every penny, also synthmaster one
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Schmidi wrote:Synthmaster is great for the money as well.
I don’t think anything comes close for the price - which eventually is always on sale. What a great synth.

ATN69 wrote:For me Zebra is the most bang for the buck. I know there is a learning curve for Zebra but once you learn how to tweak it the sky is the limit. I am right now working on a progressive trance track where I almost only use Zebra. I can get sweet sounding 80s EP sounds and organs as well. Can't wait for Zebra 3. I'm sure it will be even more interesting.
Total agreement. Once you start getting used to the workflow and layout there's nothing else that gets used as much for me. I like other synths for sure, but nothing pure synth wise is as versatile.

air music technology instrument expansion 3 technically more than one synth but i got it for $75 from plugin botique and have no complaints

Arcsyn is on sale for $44.50 at ADSR. Pretty inexpensive and sounds good. Also, Xhun Audio's Little One has a strong analog sound and is very reasonably priced.
A well-behaved signature.

arcsyn, synthmaster

Komplete and UVI Falcon (on sale)!

Another vote for Synthmaster.
Although Z3ta+2 and Air Music's Hybrid 3 are also in the sub $50 bracket often and have their uses (I like Z3ta+2 for grungy/dirty basses and Hybrid has a very light clean sound ...)

If you want a cheap drum vst the best value purchase for me ever was probably $25 for BFD Eco...
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”