How to finish a track?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Distorted Horizon wrote:... I can almost guess that basic house is something like "intro, build, section/drop 1, break, build, section/drop 2, outro".
I fondly remember when it used to be "intro/verse/2nd verse/chorus/mid 8/3rd verse/chorus until fade"... Them were the daze!

Or maybe something trancy.. 5 minutes of build, then 1 minute of all open and then outro :hihi:

To finish a track, you need dedication. And Coca Cola. Alternatively, a cat may do as well.

My advice is the following:

- Give yourself a deadline for each song you want to create
- Start with short pieces (maybe 30 sec), even if it just feels like an intro, you'll improve over time
- Use what you know, and try to implement something new in each new track (a new sound, a new vst, a new technique...)
- Finish it, even if you're not happy with the result. This is important.

At the same time, make sure you learn about song writing, arrangement, how to use your DAW and your vsts, etc.

If you're a beginner, you need to accept that you need time to learn and deliver something decent. But it doesn't matter: Practicing this way will improve your knowledge and skills (one of them being the capacity to finish and deliver on a deadline). Just make sure to have fun!

Listen to commercial stuff in the genre you like and see how it's structured.
Perhaps: intro, verse, bridge, chorus, repeat, middle 8, chorus, outro.
For your first few songs copy what they do structure wise.
You'll soon learn what you do or don't like and chop it up to suit YOUR taste.

Good luck :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”