Vintage PM plugins: Available here only (Updated links)

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

**UPDATE 10/19/19**

All legacy plugins are now available on the Internet Archive, and can be downloaded here.

I'm using this thread to post some of my earlier efforts that have long since been discontinued.

First up is ph0ne:
<<see link above>>

Both versions are a bit different. Ph0ne1 has a very particular sound. However, it has a really low output, but if you simply throw in a maximizer, you can get some really interesting chaos going on. I happen to like the sound of ph0ne1 alot more, it has more of a liquid sound to it, great for atmospherics and background commotion. While v2 was actually just a gui update, alot of internal tweaking went on in the process, giving it a more digital, abrasive sound.

Ph0ne eventually evolved into Pandemonium, which can be found here:
<<see link above>>

Hope some of you find some use for these. I will post more of my older works as I find them.

Please note: These plugins are well over a decade old. They are very outdated and no longer supported. They are provided here for archival purposes and there's a good chance they might not work on your system. You might get a crash or some kind of error. Use at your own risk!

thanks, i'm sure these are worth checking out

Thanks, Jack.
Still keeping an eye out for new development.

Thx Jack :)

Love the Psychic Modulation stuff.
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Are there any docs for the ph0nes ?

Especially like the modulation targets.
I had thought Phone2 superseded Phone1 and never tried 1 before.
Thanks for posting and explaining.

XL2 wrote:Are there any docs for the ph0nes ?

Especially like the modulation targets.
I had thought Phone2 superseded Phone1 and never tried 1 before.
Thanks for posting and explaining.
No manual unfortunately, but if you have questions I'd be happy to attempt to answer them. I haven't messed with ph0ne in years, but I'm sure if I fired it up it would all come back to me.

Still like the old (and mysterious) Photon with its great WARP section. Preset 15 Voqsinc is my favorite preset, period.

I'd like to request a review of the Photon synth. Not sure what the Alteration and Definition controls are doing but they seem to have the old Psychic Modulations well worked out...

Still like the old (and mysterious) Photon with its great WARP section. Preset 15 Voqsinc is my favorite preset, period.

I'd like to request a review of the Photon synth. Not sure what the Alteration and Definition controls are doing but they seem to have the old Psychic Modulations well worked out...
I think I used that preset on the original demo track for that synth: http://www.psychicmodulation.com/photon ... ealist.mp3

Alteration changes up the rhythmic pattern. For example, if you randomly adjust the control to, say 1.8, it might have a particular pattern, maybe a falling or rising sound. Then if you adjust it to, lets say 4.7 it might have a totally different pattern, like a chaotic 'arpeggio' with a particular character. It's a really cool parameter to experiment with because you never know what sound you might discover. The 'Range' setting accompanies this control, in that it acts as 'extra stages' of alteration. So it gives you an extra 10 sets of patterns to play with.

Definition will add an attack to the rhythm, so each change of pitch in the rhythmic melody will be defined by a sharper initial attack. This only works when 'pulse' is activated.

Playing around with Photon again made me realize how much untapped experimental potential has yet to be discovered. This was the late successor to the first Psychic Modulation synth 'Vertigo', which I should probably dig up and post here. It's an old one so it might not be compatible with alot of systems. But I think that Photon is a good expression of what that synth was all about, and successfully took it to the next level.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”