Absolutely not a Phonec feature request

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like the sequencer and arpeggiator and the way they play together. It took me a while to really get how they work but now that I do I have to resist the temptation to just tweak thier settings and hold down some exotic chord with the Echoshifter on for minutes on end to see what unexpected textures come out.

What I'm wondering though, is if it would be possible to expand the rate settings to include lower rates (like quarter and half speed) and odd ones. So you could have the sequencer and arp playing at 3 and 8, or 1/2 and 5 for example.

Also, if it were possible to switch the sequencer's transposition downward that would be awsome. And maybe one tiny UI tweak -- change the colour slightly on the 1st and 4th seq and arp boxes (or even just alternate) to make it a bit easier to see where you are in the sequence.

Again, these are not feature requests, barely even suggestions. Consider them feature hypotheses.

Thanks for all the work keeping Phonec (and everything else for that matter) going.

Sorry I must have missed this thread. Nice suggestions though. I did add a couple new switches to the sequencers in the latest 1.3 update that I hope you find useful. I will put your ideas on my list for next time.

Is it possible to do Polyphonic portamento on phonec? or maybe this could be a feature request?

ged leitch wrote:Is it possible to do Polyphonic portamento on phonec? or maybe this could be a feature request?
Currently no, but I could experiment with the idea and see if it's beneficial or even possible. It could be interesting I suppose. Any particular reason for this?

Hi Jack, I'm just trying to get certain tones that feature on the Jimmy Page soundtrack from Death wish 2 - there's a lot of drifty / portamento chords on it and I belive it was done on an OBX - I have opx vst - which can do it, but I do feel that Phonec has a more authentic tone

ged leitch wrote:Hi Jack, I'm just trying to get certain tones that feature on the Jimmy Page soundtrack from Death wish 2 - there's a lot of drifty / portamento chords on it and I belive it was done on an OBX - I have opx vst - which can do it, but I do feel that Phonec has a more authentic tone
Interesting... I'll look into that. Thanks for the idea.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”