Phonec Envelopes

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a new Phonec user and I just started using it in a new song. I love the character of this synth. Unfortunately, I've run into a problem that I can't seem to get around.
I'm trying to get the envelope to slowly sweep the main pitch from a low pitch to the current note. It's such a simple task that takes me 2 seconds on the Nord, but I've been fiddling with Phonec for hours. There must be something simple I'm missing here. It will only pitch down to the current note from a high pitch. How do I invert the pitch value?

Thx!

M.

It will only pitch down to the current note from a high pitch.
Or, pitch up from the current note to a higher pitch. Forgot to add that.

So yeah, it seems the envelope level only works in a positive direction, unless there's a way to invert it.

One workaround would be to use the attack phase as the slide, set the sustain so it's tuned an octave above the note you desire, then pitch the MIDI part or oscillators/filters down an octave.

I agree, it's a pain in the arse and you'd expect a pitch envelope to be invertable (maybe it is but I don't think so), so it's a reasonable feature request if that's the case.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thanks Sendy! I was hoping it wouldn't come to that ;)

An invert switch on the assignable envelope would be much appreciated.

Best,

M.

MikoHanna wrote:An invert switch on the assignable envelope would be much appreciated.

Best,

M.
You're right, this shouldn't be so difficult. Thanks for pointing this out. I will add an invert switch in the next update that I will be releasing very soon.

Amazing!! Thanks for taking the time :)

Return to “Psychic Modulation”