Render selected part as new sample -> out of sync?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to "freeze" a midi part by rendering the selected part as new sample and let it automatically load in a new track in MuSampla, but when I play the project the tempo of the sample goes completely out of sync with the other midi tracks.

Can anyone explain why that is and how to fix it?
Last edited by Nielzie on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

It sounds related to sample rates -- you're render at one sample rate but playing at a different sample rate.

My audio current setup sample rate is 44100 hz. I've never touched any settings before exporting the track and importing the sample again. Shouldn't it have the same sample rate as my audio setup then? Shouldn't it just work?

Do you use C3 to trigger the sample?

AndreasD wrote:Do you use C3 to trigger the sample?
Yes I do :)

Odd!
Does it play correctly if you run the audio as streamed audio on a track instead of a played in a sampler?

AndreasD wrote:Odd!
Does it play correctly if you run the audio as streamed audio on a track instead of a played in a sampler?
I did try that in fact, and it resulted in the same issue :(

I have just tried exporting a midi drum clip from MicroTonic to an audio part. Exact same issue. But I found out that not the tempo has changed but actually there is a slight delay in the start of the audio clip which results in that it does not loop right (while the midi clip does) and goes out of sync with the rest :?

Did you get the part length correct (e.g. four bars, rather than fractionally under or over)? If it's not exact, the audio will drift off sync when it loops.

pljones wrote:Did you get the part length correct (e.g. four bars, rather than fractionally under or over)? If it's not exact, the audio will drift off sync when it loops.
Yes I did. Double checked this too. Same behaviour with different tracks, so it's not just one track that has problems exporting to audio.This is weird and very uncomfortable, because my CPU although being an early i7 is getting old especially against the newer synths like Bazille, so I need to freeze tracks now. Don't want to invest in yet another DAW again :x

I have a Tracktion license, but almost haven't used it so would need to learn from start.. :scared:
Last edited by Nielzie on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oops sorry, double post.

I am doing what you do every second day, with no issues ever.
Maybe when Jo comes back from his vacations he has an idea.
I am running out.

(want to PM me your session? replace all instruments with Mulab instruments as these don't matter for this problem)

So if i understand well that rendered sample plays fine pitch-wise but there only is a slight delay between that sample and the original part, correct? When you open that sample in the audio editor then do you see that delay as silence at the start? Is the problem also occuring when using other VSTs or when using MuLab internal (drum)synths, or is it only with Microtonic?

Return to “MUTOOLS”