Start Error and other issues...

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I get this when I start up MuLab currently...

Also none of my Air plugins have an interface... That's Loom and Vacuum Pro and Arturia stuff you can't change anything on the interface, adjust knobs etc.

FYI.

Try resetting your MuLab audio setup by quiting MuLab and deleting the User/Settings/AudioSetup.Txt then relaunching MuLab and setting up audio again.

I did that, still giving me the same error...

Er, o.k. fixed that I guess they weren't deleted. Any idea why a number of my new plugins won't work?

Arghhh... I just realized there was no sound when I checked... when the sound came back on the error is back.

HI THERE,

HAPPENED TO ME 1 TIME, what I did....I re-installed and worked perfect after that, Im running on a XP 32 bit and is the Best DAW I used ever !!! with all the little bugs still the best, Presonus Studio one, Reaper, Ableton....all those does not exist if you compare the Mux programming options you have, for example try to mix 2 Korgs Monopoly with Wavestation and tweak them, save the preset as Mux and done....you don't have to save any parameter or nothing else, the preset will be ready to use it always, is awesome...lol

I know those error messages well. I get them under certain conditions.
One way to reduce their frequency is to set the sampling rate to 96 rather than 44.1. No idea what that has got to do with anything, but on my computer it seems to prevent Mulab's sound engine from going mute after a while.

But I still get them under other circumstances, which are said to have to do with my plugins and not with Mulab. So I have basically ceased to Mulab for the time being. But I am checking back for newer version from time to time, just to see if the problems are gone.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I know those error messages well. I get them under certain conditions.
One way to reduce their frequency is to set the sampling rate to 96 rather than 44.1. No idea what that has got to do with anything, but on my computer it seems to prevent Mulab's sound engine from going mute after a while.
That error only comes when there is a problem with the audio engine. Maybe because the audio setup is not right (anymore), maybe cause there is a system problem. If it works well with 96 kHz on your system that will be a system specific issue, and most probably not relevant to other systems.
But I still get them under other circumstances, which are said to have to do with my plugins
Who said that? I don't think it has to do with plugins. It's an error that comes when there is a problem with starting the audio engine. I think most of the time the very reason will be outside MuLab indeed, i expect the very reason to be with the system setup (operating system audio setup prob, audio driver prob, device not turned on or not connected etc...)

Well, when I have written about issues on this forum in the past, I usually got the answer that it has to do with my plugins or my computer/sound card/drivers.

But if that were the case, why do the same issues not occur in other DAW's used on the very same hardware and using the very same settings and everything?

@Dan

Which sound card are you using?

Having reread Dan's initial post, I noticed he has the dead plugin GUI problem that I also have (I have told you about it, you said it has to do with my plugins, which are likely buggy).

I'm afraid your mixing up several of my answers on different issues.

fluffy_little_something,

This issues start with your Audio Card configuration, open your Audio engine Panel and go to "Codec Sample Rate" if you have the option up to 96000 khz unselect and select just for now 44100 khz w 16 bit , if you have the "rate locked" option select it ., now open Mulab and select the right Audio card and respect the Audio configuration in your Audio card, it should works perfectly fine after this, ask me any question, Mulab Rocks!!...enjoy it.

fluffy_little_something

Please provide more hardware config, so I will try to help you up, same issue happened to me in the past, lol

Thank you, but it is not worth the effort. I have already tried all configurations imaginable, be it on the Mulab audio panel, on that of my sound card, and in W7.
Plus, apart from the audio problem, my favorite plugins don't work reliably in Mulab (GUI's randomly cease to respond and Mulab crashes, according to Jo the plugins are buggy).

So, I am using another DAW again for the time being, where none of that happens. But I keep observing Mulab, maybe one day there will be a version where miraculously the problems are gone :hihi: If not, no problem, either.

Accidentally found out something strange: Seems the Mulab audio engine goes mute after a while only when I have set the Windows energy scheme to the most powerful option, while in energy-saving mode the audio engine remains active. No idea what to make of that...
Still, doesn't happen with other DAW's...

I had similar issues and it all seemed to hinge on the sound driver trying to switch back and forth between 96kHz (what I use to record) and 44.1kHz when I had that as the default. Setting the default in the sound driver to 96kHz seemed to cure it.

Return to “MUTOOLS”