Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
pljones
KVRAF

6244 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK
Good reminders of so many features you see and think "Yep, that'll be useful" and then forget about. Thanks for sharing!
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

561 posts since 21 Apr, 2017, from Bahia, Brazil
pljones wrote:Good reminders of so many features you see and think "Yep, that'll be useful" and then forget about. Thanks for sharing!

I am still a bit of a noobie with MuLab. I am still wandering through it aimlessly sometimes.

The next video I do will be showing how to set up some drums and bass to jam along on guitar, record the guitar and jam again.

I will be doing this for a musicisn I just met that has no experience what so ever in recording himself with a DAW.

I recommended MuLab to him. Because its easy, fun and powerful. Most important it keeps the details tucked far enough away that they dont get in the way.

It will be my first video in Portuguese. Wish me luck.
SparkySpark
KVRian

1239 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:
pljones wrote:Good reminders of so many features you see and think "Yep, that'll be useful" and then forget about. Thanks for sharing!

I am still a bit of a noobie with MuLab. I am still wandering through it aimlessly sometimes.

The next video I do will be showing how to set up some drums and bass to jam along on guitar, record the guitar and jam again.

I will be doing this for a musicisn I just met that has no experience what so ever in recording himself with a DAW.

I recommended MuLab to him. Because its easy, fun and powerful. Most important it keeps the details tucked far enough away that they dont get in the way.

Portugese? Anyway it's great to see you're continuing your mission. If I could ask for a video, it would be about sampling and the difference between the two samplers.
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

SparkySpark wrote:
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:

Portugese? Anyway it's great to see you're continuing your mission. If I could ask for a video, it would be about sampling and the difference between the two samplers.

Portuguese because I live in Brazil, Few people here speak English. These folks really are kinda on an island when it comes to things we do so freely. Virtually no manuals in Portuguese. Any hardware is 3 times the price because of import taxes. Even software that is very reasonably prriced in USA an Europe is 4 times the cost because of the exchange rate. Yet they have access to the same internet.
I will try and help my new friend, anyone else in his situation as well as MuLab get some more exposure down south. It will probably help me as well. I always learn something when i go back to fundamentals.

I will make the sampler comparison video next in line.
harmonicgleam
KVRer

3 posts since 5 Mar, 2018
MuLab looks just brilliant. Unfortunately the documentation and support have given me a very very dim view of the creators. It is an unfinished app that claims much and makes users adopt trial and error to do most anything other than follow the absurd silent videos. If mulab is reading this I have to say what everyone is thinking. You guys are arrogant assholes. I am going to download a demo copy of reason, transfer my sequences and forget YOU.
bibz1st
KVRAF

1525 posts since 29 Mar, 2013
Wow where did that come from ??
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through
SparkySpark
KVRian

I have now watched the video. Great job! It's the first time I've understood how to do proper sidechaining/ducking in MuLab.

Superclear video, and no nonsense. Great, and I hope you keep 'em coming! :)
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

SparkySpark wrote:I have now watched the video. Great job! It's the first time I've understood how to do proper sidechaining/ducking in MuLab.

Superclear video, and no nonsense. Great, and I hope you keep 'em coming! :)

Sorry for the delays. I am now stock piling videos as I wait for my internet situation to improve so that I can upload them.

I just figured out how to combine third party vsts into one Mux. Really excited about sharing that.
bibz1st
KVRAF

1525 posts since 29 Mar, 2013
Where do you find the time, I see you doing good things with Fathom as well :)
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

bibz1st wrote:Where do you find the time, I see you doing good things with Fathom as well :)

Thanks, For me it seems to take forever. I only have about an hour and a half per day to put nto it.

Fathom and Mulab both really connected with me. Funny how things come together. I am doing the OSC109 on Mulab. It will be my first complete project in Mulab.
So far it has been a real joy. Putting Fathom inside of Mudrum for percussion. The work flow of going back and forth between edit and compose combined with logical zoom functions really helps speed things up for me. Its not even 10 days in and I am almost done with tracking. That in itself is a big plus in my eyes for Mulab. Will see how mixng goes, but I really dont see any issues.

I am upto about 20 instances of Fathom on a 2.6ghz dual core. It stutters sometimes if I bounce around to quick. Fathom isnt optimised yet so I am very surprised at how far I got.
SparkySpark
KVRian

Great to hear. One thing I noticed is that the video wasn't sharp. Are you sure you upload them correctly? For YouTube, they need a certain width, like 1200 px or so, otherwise they default to low resolution.

When I use Premiere I use the H264 setting.

Not that it matters, I'm just thinking of this since you do so many. :)
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
pljones
KVRAF

6244 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK
Related to your mix down question, Scrubbing Monkeys, I just thought of this...

It's probably worth a "walk around MuLab" video at some point. Why MuLab is a bit different - things like Rack (a target) and Track (a source) not being equivalent and why, handling Tracks, Parts, Sequences, Events and how each can target modules - stuff like that. Ideally showing what the flexibility lets you do and when it's useful.
SparkySpark
KVRian

pljones wrote:Related to your mix down question, Scrubbing Monkeys, I just thought of this...

It's probably worth a "walk around MuLab" video at some point. Why MuLab is a bit different - things like Rack (a target) and Track (a source) not being equivalent and why, handling Tracks, Parts, Sequences, Events and how each can target modules - stuff like that. Ideally showing what the flexibility lets you do and when it's useful.

++;

MuLab's clever but unusual. Great minds think different! :tu:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:06 am Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

pljones wrote:Related to your mix down question, Scrubbing Monkeys, I just thought of this...

I agree.
I am in the middle of my first mixdown and I have learned alot.
I am still fumbling around a bit.
Lots of things I am sure are probably done in a more efficient way..

Something I dont normally due is mix with in a drum module. But I find myself fine with Mudrum. Actually prefer it.

The speed between edit and compose is beautiful.

Getting more comfortable all the time.

All that to say. I will add your request once I feel a bit more knowledgable.

@Sparky Please forgive the resolution. I have a few things working against me here.

1) Very limited bandwidth per month.
2) Still trying to find a way to convert for the best of both worlds. I watch 2 hr movies all the time that are less than a gig. Why are my 10 min videos 3 gig raw and 400 mb converted. The last videos I uploaded were quite small. less than 100 mb. Could explain the quality. Which brings me to number .....
3) I need glasses. Seriously. I am truly hoping others can see it.

Anyway, having a blast. Be patient with me it will get better.

Are you guys familliar with Josh Pomeroy? He did some great videos for Mulab. It was version 5. Still quite relevant though.
SparkySpark
KVRian

Hi,

Yes, we really live in different worlds! I work as a teacher and just tell the IT dep't if I need say the Adobe CS package or Camtasia. Of course, bandwidth is not an issue. Its not an issue at home either in Sweden - a lot of us stream TV in HD, so uploading to YouTube is not an issue at all.

I checked your video against a movie I made for my students the other day and it's a difference in sharpness really. You must be doing something wrong, getting 3 GB movies in ten minutes! They shouldn't be RAW, it makes no sense, just shoot them in MP4 something.

Josh Pomeroy! If I were single and had another orientation, I'd marry him! :love: As I, he is also an old eXT user (you've gotta love modular hosts!). A few months ago, he uploaded a movie on how he produced a _superb_ song called Be The Good.

What can I say - I'm blown away by the song and also by the track breakdown movie. Phew!

Three links:

My movie for my students (just for comparison - fast forward a few minutes til you see some code, and view it full screen):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-okYvRZ ... t2&index=6

The movie was created by pressing Record in Camtasia, and then clicking Export > YouTube. No edits or conversions were ever made, so it's super easy. I literally made it in ten minutes: eight minutes to record and two minutes to check it and to start the upload process.

The page for the track breakdown:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=218154&start=195

(Note by the way that this is the eXT forum's "POST YOUR TRACKS HERE" thread. Perhaps that would be a good thing for MuTools?)

The song. Oh my God. :)
https://open.spotify.com/album/6SKJu0817qAe7kbh5aJFYw

I'm in love. :) :phones:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
PreviousNext

Moderators: muzycian, mutools

Return to MUTOOLS