Doing a Skin - Now?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Mutons,

i just (quickly) tested muton beta2 here on OS X 10.4.4. Works good!

As usual, my primary concern is the GUI.
My Question: Does it make sense to create a skin right now or will the skinning system changed during development making it obsolete too fast?
I just read here muton uses nearly the same cool skinning system as muzys, yay!! ;-)

Best,

andi

ps. minor redraw problems here while draggin part too far to the left... graphic is fine and refreshed after end of draggin though. :-)
[img=http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/8760 ... 1ne.th.jpg]
B-)

hey andy lange nicht "gesehen"!!

Alright, Engrish.

I loved your smx skin, let's have a new one :love:

Marco :)

asmx wrote:Hi Mutons,

i just (quickly) tested muton beta2 here on OS X 10.4.4. Works good!

As usual, my primary concern is the GUI.
My Question: Does it make sense to create a skin right now or will the skinning system changed during development making it obsolete too fast?
I just read here muton uses nearly the same cool skinning system as muzys, yay!! ;-)
Hey Andy :)

Yes it makes sense.

Here is a page with more detailed info about the skin system:

http://www.mutools.com/skin_sdk.html

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited by muzycian on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asmx wrote:ps. minor redraw problems here while draggin part too far to the left... graphic is fine and refreshed after end of draggin though. :-)
Thanks, i'll check that.

muzycian wrote:Yes it makes sense. Here is a page with more detailed info about the skin system:
OK, thanks. I've got a few questions regarding fonts, but i already mailed them to you.
bonteburg wrote: I loved your smx skin, let's have a new one
Thanks Marco! At least one proud user of that skin. :-) Well, two.. I use it too.
B-)

Andy, i've replied to your email.

I've also made a slight update to the skin sdk page, i.e. the font section is more detailed: http://www.mutools.com/skin_sdk.html

Thanks, Jo!
Oh, I see - So that means you're actually resizing the 32px high Font. :o
Can you tell me the resize ratio of the specific font-sizes used in the basic skin?

I'm sorry to say that, but AFAIK this will make hardegded crisp fonts hard to do - or correct me if i'm wrong.

Wouldn't it be better to use "real" vectorfonts instead?
A scaled rasterimage of a char is IHMO never as good as outlinefont-rasterization i think.

Or can I pin down the used font-sizes in the skin "programming"? ( by creating a 32px font that exactly hits the pixel grid at a certain smaller resize-ratio)

ok, enough questions, :oops:
B-)

asmx wrote:Thanks, Jo!
Oh, I see - So that means you're actually resizing the 32px high Font. :o
Can you tell me the resize ratio of the specific font-sizes used in the basic skin?
Every possible size from 1 to the full original size, thus let's say from 1 to 32 pixels.
I'm sorry to say that, but AFAIK this will make hardegded crisp fonts hard to do - or correct me if i'm wrong.
Yes it's resampling the bitmap font, which indeed is not the same effect as vector fonts.

That's how it currently works.

Return to “MUTOOLS”