3%
MU Studio
5%

Total votes: 39

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yo People,

MUTON 1.0 is close to release.

So let me poll you about this name "MUTON".

Does it sound good to you, do you like the name?

Or do you think there is a better name?

This is the third set of names.

Some names have gone, some are new.
All based on your feedback in 'What's in a name' parts 1 & 2.

Which one do you like most for a music composition and performance application?

Curious for your feedback!

Cheers,

Jo

Why isn't "muton" part of the options?
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

Because Muton has been voted away because it's not good enough.

The main reason is that it's too close to the english word "mutton", and the french word "mouton", which are not really funky associations.

Oh :)
MuTracks is quite good, otoh, it sounds like "mute tracks". Will have a look at the other polls.
Stefan H Singer

I don't really like any of the alternatives. What about actually calling it MuTools? or is that too close to Pro Tools?
Stefan H Singer

"MuTools" is the company name, so it's not intended to be used as a product name.

Do you have a suggestion?

I'm trying hard to think one out. What one really would need is a list with all the words starting with "Mu" :) Haven't got any english dictionary in handy.
Stefan H Singer

You really want to know it!:hyper:
Luna sounds good, mutracks isn't bad, mutools studio sounds like pro tools, mutator is a good idea, but sounds awful, mustang may be a ford or a horse, but.... and mustudio is boring. I voted for musonic. :harp:
"It dreamed itself along"

I'm not keen on the "studio" suffix for the "free" product - either, keep it to distinguish between free and full (in addition to "free" on the free version) or drop...

So I went with MuTracks.

..will the users be MuTants? (or has that already been observed?)

DSP

I voted Luna just to try everything to make sure it's not any of the other favourites 'cause I hate them - but Mustang I maybe even like bit better than Luna
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Mutiny?
Munity?
Munite?
Stefan H Singer

Luna, Elektra and Mustang are all names that ship with a poetic flavour attatched to them - the other names sound technical & plain boring to me...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

..IO know pleanty have done this already, but just to entertain myself, here are some more [Some wouldn't make good product names, but I just needed to get them out of my system] :::

MuNition
MuD
if you did custom extensions, they could be MuDlls
MuFle
MuMble
MuMmy
MuNey
MuPet
MuQuix - I like this more for the visual appeal more than pronunciation
MuVation
MuVolver
MuScle
MuXle

.. and of course fMu.. one more than eMu...

DSP

if you did custom extensions, they could be MuDlls
best suggestion yet, albeit a bit long - if there'd be a boxed version you'd maybe need to split it up in the middle and put the first half on one side and the second half on the other side.... (I think the comma would be a good split-point)

Return to “MUTOOLS”