LUNA Beta 4

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Finally, decission about the name has been taken: Muton will be released as LUNA

LUNA FREE Beta 4 is available for download to the beta testers.

Feel free to join the beta test!

Just email or PM your email address, and you'll receive the LUNA Beta 4 download links.

Please feedback bug reports and suggestions via this MuTools forum.

Cheers,

Jo at MuTools.com

In the "Add VST Plugins", the window can be resized... but it doesn't redraw, so you get black bits around the right and bottom edges.

Then I changed skins and resized the main window a bit (until the panels at the top were touching) and click to select a player. The program crashed. The only bit of the report that looks vaguely useful is "Offset: 000376fb". I'll try it again...

Yes, it's repeatable. But if I don't try to choose a player after changing skins, and exit LUNA safely, it's then okay. So you have to try it from a clean install.

I've got a DrWatson dump now if it's any use

---

The "Choose ASIO Driver" title bar isn't quite wide enough to contain the title.

---

The beautiful splash screen doesn't show up for anywhere near long enough. :)

---

Oh, and I keep forgetting to ask: how do I delete a track?

This new beta looks really cool!

I have two quick questions/comments on loops.
1. Is there an easy way to quantize the loop so it begins/ends on a measure line? Often I want to loop over measures (e.g., getting a drum line).

2. I find the behavior of the piano roll's length relative to the length of the sequence part in the main window a bit confusing. If I make, say, a 2-measure part in the main window, and then start editing in the piano roll, I can add notes out further than 2 measures, but in the piano roll, the play will stop after two measures, and I won't know why. Probably if the piano roll is going to go on past the "longest length" of the sequence part, it would be useful to distinguish the "not used" part of the piano roll, e.g. make it a little greyer than the "active" part, or delineated with a thick vertical line.

I guess this kind of has to do with the sequence part in the main window being both the "loop class" specification and the "loop instance" specification at the same time, right?

Thanks!
Best wishes,
Francis

Yay! Luna is a good name. Mu was getting to cliche.

luna is a strange name :-)

it reminds me of
melons, palm beaches, shower-gel, yoga,
apple jacks, beauty-farms, and fruity-diet-food :hihi:

pssshhaw dont ask us what bamboo reminds us of! :hihi:

Looking good, Jo.

In the audio editing section:
When a selection of an audio wave is made, the waveform diagram moves down by a small amount. When a de-selection is made, the waveform graph returns to its original position.
Is this intended behaviour?

Track soloing works well, but really need a way of *instantly* restoring all tracks back to play mode. Perhaps put a green speaker icon in the top-left above the track coloumn which would unmute all tracks instantly?

By the way, who's the Viking character?

Hi,

Just few remarks for a new beta.

1. Closing application doesn't work well under OS X. When You close window it also quit application - it should just hide it.
Also command Q doesn't work.

2. While zooming a midi track size of a text font on block doesn't rescale. It would be also great to add some nice zooming tools or just commands - but that's probably already in line.

3.Application sometimes quit while trying to edit Tassman VSTi.

Overall it works ok.

I already start to like it although I would like to see some more options. On the top of my wishlist is a sample player - I think it would be cool to click on a audio block in sequence window and instantly being able to play this sample on keybord and while recording Luna would create new midi block with it. i don't think that any other sequencers have this feature. Also some automation curves in sequencer windows and kind of sound pool.

Piotr

This is really dumb, but I'm stuck. At the moment my "test" sequence has the default 1 bar loop greyed out in the Composer window. That's fine but how doo I change the length & position of the loop area?

I can move it, but not put it back. Any help?
iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.12.6

pljones wrote:In the "Add VST Plugins", the window can be resized... but it doesn't redraw, so you get black bits around the right and bottom edges.
The file browser isn't meant to be resizable. Fixed beta 5.
Then I changed skins and resized the main window a bit (until the panels at the top were touching) and click to select a player. The program crashed. The only bit of the report that looks vaguely useful is "Offset: 000376fb". I'll try it again...

Yes, it's repeatable. But if I don't try to choose a player after changing skins, and exit LUNA safely, it's then okay. So you have to try it from a clean install.

I've got a DrWatson dump now if it's any use
Indeed, a bug when changing skins!

Will be fixed in beta 5.
The "Choose ASIO Driver" title bar isn't quite wide enough to contain the title.
Fixed in beta 5.
The beautiful splash screen doesn't show up for anywhere near long enough. :)
Fixed in beta 5.
Oh, and I keep forgetting to ask: how do I delete a track?
Not yet possible.

fycfung wrote:This new beta looks really cool!

I have two quick questions/comments on loops.
1. Is there an easy way to quantize the loop so it begins/ends on a measure line? Often I want to loop over measures (e.g., getting a drum line).
I'm not sure if i fully understand you.

Do you want to quantize a Part in the Composer or a Note in the Note Editor?

In fact, in both cases, when you drag a Part or Note, it's always quantized to the grid.

If you have recorded midi notes live, then you can open the Note Editor, right-click (osx: control-click) and choose "Quantize Notes".
2. I find the behavior of the piano roll's length relative to the length of the sequence part in the main window a bit confusing. If I make, say, a 2-measure part in the main window, and then start editing in the piano roll, I can add notes out further than 2 measures, but in the piano roll, the play will stop after two measures, and I won't know why. Probably if the piano roll is going to go on past the "longest length" of the sequence part, it would be useful to distinguish the "not used" part of the piano roll, e.g. make it a little greyer than the "active" part, or delineated with a thick vertical line.
I agree, will be improved!

jinnan_tonnix wrote:Looking good, Jo.

In the audio editing section:
When a selection of an audio wave is made, the waveform diagram moves down by a small amount. When a de-selection is made, the waveform graph returns to its original position.
Is this intended behaviour?
No, fixed in beta 5 :)
Track soloing works well, but really need a way of *instantly* restoring all tracks back to play mode. Perhaps put a green speaker icon in the top-left above the track coloumn which would unmute all tracks instantly?
You mean a "Unmute All" function?

jinnan_tonnix wrote:By the way, who's the Viking character?
That's me :D

Euh, no, i don't know, i think it's just funny :wink:

Trapaki wrote:Hi,

Just few remarks for a new beta.

1. Closing application doesn't work well under OS X. When You close window it also quit application - it should just hide it.
Is that so?

I think, as an application, you have the choice.

Closing the main window may be a way to exit the program.
Also command Q doesn't work.
You're right. Key shortcut will be added in beta 5.
2. While zooming a midi track size of a text font on block doesn't rescale.
The size of the text in a part is dependent on the part's height, and not of the track header's width. (hope i understood you well)
It would be also great to add some nice zooming tools or just commands - but that's probably already in line.
What zoom functions would you want?
3.Application sometimes quit while trying to edit Tassman VSTi.
Will try that one out...
Overall it works ok.
:)
I already start to like it although I would like to see some more options. On the top of my wishlist is a sample player
Well, that's almost on top of my whishlist too!

But soon i'll do a poll about this.
- I think it would be cool to click on a audio block in sequence window and instantly being able to play this sample on keybord and while recording Luna would create new midi block with it. i don't think that any other sequencers have this feature.
Sounds like a good idea!
Also some automation curves in sequencer windows
Yes, is on the whishlist.
and kind of sound pool.
What do you exactly mean?

A pool from which you can select one of the audio files already used in the session?

Return to “MUTOOLS”