LUNA Free Beta 6

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

LUNA Beta 6 is available for download.

Highlights in this new version:

-> Mouse Wheel support for scrolling (hold nothing) and zooming (hold control (osx: command))
-> VST scanner improved in case of crashing plugs
-> Sequence Start/Loop locator bug fix
-> Shift+Control(Win) / Shift+Command(Osx) click on track mute = unsolo track
-> MIDI Output channel bug fix
-> You can rename VST programs by right-clicking (osx: control-clicking) on the program name
-> Several GUI enhancements

Looking forward to your feedback!

Cheers,

Jo

Tuned: When crashing while scanning plugins, next scan won't start all over anymore
oh i've been waiting for this, almost gave up on beta 5 because it still keeps crashing scanning my vst folder, and then starts from the beginning again - will let you know how beta 6 fares
a good thing to add would be a FL/tracktion style rescan all or just add new vsts option

This version didn't crash for me when scanning. Loaded Green Machine fine, just like Beta 4. :shrug:

Following on from my B5 crash on close, I tried again with B6 and got the same result.

I loaded up sfz and Kj's master limiter, removed the unnecessary mixer strips and saved the session.
Link to session file.

I then exited Luna, saying "yes" to save. I got an application failure.
Link to DrWatson log. (clear your cache ;))

Files are now the B6 versions.

=edit=
As I'd saved the session, the crash only lost window positions. Saying "No" to save session allowed the window positions to be saved.
=/edit=
Last edited by pljones on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luna doesn't remember if a .Session file's instrument or effect plugins editor windows were open. That would be a neat feature.

It doesn't remember the Player Panel player, either, which is really irritating. I want to be able to load up a session and start playing with the last selected player. (Ideally its window would be open where I left it...)

muzycian wrote: -> VST scanner improved in case of crashing plugs
not for me... :? :help:

the same problem - Copier crashes Luna, when restarting Luna there's first the license agreement again (this was different in beta5) then Luna asks for the vst-folder again (this as well), says Copier.dll was a bad boy and will be ignored and then the scan starts from the beginning again, Luna crashes, the license agreement pops up, then Luna asks for the folder, tells me that Copier was behaving badly and thus will get no chocolatte this time, etc. ad infinitum <- or at least that's what I guess
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm going offline now;

But i will spit all these issues out :!:

Can't live with it :evil:

take your time - you will finally get it right, I'm sure! :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

we appreciate your hard work man. dont be discrouaged, its a beautiful program so far even.

This is probably just dense of me, but: where do I set the MIDI instrument in each channel? There are 16 channels, right? Each one (except 10 I guess) is supposed to be able to be any of the MIDI instruments for my card (e.g., piano, sawtooth, cello, etc.) so if I make a new MIDI player and set it to channel 1, where do I set the instrument for channel 1, so that I can get something besides the piano? There's no blank to do it in the MIDI player popup, right?

Thanks!

For win98se
1.the editor for the synths doesn't open, though some of the synths allow presets the gui stays closed and for example kits can't then be loaded for drum players nor soundfonts loaded for soundfont players.
2. The audio strip partly opens in left hand upper screen and can not be resized to be useful in any way.
system win98se amd2000 @1800ghz 756mb ram. These both work fine with my winxp machine, somewhat higher spec'ed

just curious, why are you using 98se? got some legacy hardware?

Argh! I was just about to try creating a MIDI sequence to try out editing bank (CC0/CC32) and program change messages to help fycfung and it crashed...

I had loaded up an existing Session containing sfz and Kjaerhus Classic Master Limiter, then drew in a new Part, eight bars long. I zoomed in (hmm, zooming was strange - it kept the right hand edge pinned rather than the last-touched-thing; horizontal autozoom didn't work, either) and scrolled until I had the part nicely in the window.

Then double-clicked and got a crash. DrWtsn32.log for this one.

(Yes, it's repeatable.)

All I've tried has worked ok so far. I have one question though : is it possible to play several instruments in one instance of NI kontakt via various midi channels or do I have to have one instance running per track ? :help:
No need to own hundreds of synths here, only two are enough d(*O*)b

Can someone else confirm my bug above?
*) Start Luna, start a new session.
*) Pencil in a new part, select Sequence, select "Create new MIDI player".
*) Double-click the part.
Every time I do this, I get a crash. (In fact, I've tried many ways to create and then edit a sequence part by double-clicking and they all crash. Right-click, Edit also crashes.)

Return to “MUTOOLS”