LUNA Free Beta 6

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LlukaX wrote:my version of trilogy is OSX compatible or so it says... not sure why it comes up as CFM maybe i need a hotfix
CFM is the format that was used in Classic OS 9, and to maintain compatibility, apple did some tricks to make it work on OSX too. So it indeed is osx compatible.

But it's a format that is tagged to die some day.

I guess plugin developers will only update their plugs when cfm is actually killed.

So i'll research wht it takes to make Luna CFM compatible...

LlukaX wrote:don't see a connection

OSX-compatibility and CFM are not a contradiction - a plugin can be OSX-compatible and still be CFM instead of MachO

that's written in plain words in the reply to your initial question I quoted... :shrug:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

im sorry, i got confused. i thought u were trying to tell me something about cellos haha

I can't get over how light LUNA is! i keep forgetting its open. I'm so excited!

LlukaX wrote:im sorry, i got confused. i thought u were trying to tell me something about cellos haha
ah - I see... :lol:

happened to me as well in the past that I thought the signature was part of the post... :D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

One question, I see Alt+click and Ctrl+Click drag on the notes or parts has same results. It copies the part and drag it to the new location. why not add different functions. For example temporarily switch off 'snap'.

BTW I am not finding a way to switch off "Snapping". How to toggle 'snap' on and off?

I see in Piano Roll there is 'Select Grid' and 'No Grid' will free it from snapping but I dont find it in main project window.
Tools are tools, they don't produce anything...

first bug i've found using OS X. I tried loading Steinberg's the Grand (version 1.0) and it comes up with a Star in the player panel. The grand's gui will not show and i'm getting no sound. :/
afterwards some of the png files in the gui are stripped leaving bare buttons and stars for icons :/ not sure why this happened.

also a graphical glitch when using Minimoog V. When mini moog V is being edited and the sequencer is playing notes to Minimoog V and the user is changing a patch there is a wild graphical glitch where the vst's gui is pasted every time a note is played.

by the way LUNA sounds phenominal :)

muzycian wrote:So i'll research wht it takes to make Luna CFM compatible...
Yeah Jo, I suggest you make it 'CFM' compatible. Especially Luna Free, if it's gonna be aimed at newbies or people on a budget they're gonna use freeware a lot. I tried many synths and effects and many of those won't load.

Marco :)

will griffin's imic be supported? i'm able to record but i hear nothing coming out while im recording. i've tried using aggregate device in apples audio setup no luck :P

and OMG does what's being recorded sound so much better than cubase haha.

SonicBreeze wrote:One question, I see Alt+click and Ctrl+Click drag on the notes or parts has same results. It copies the part and drag it to the new location. why not add different functions. For example temporarily switch off 'snap'.

BTW I am not finding a way to switch off "Snapping". How to toggle 'snap' on and off?

I see in Piano Roll there is 'Select Grid' and 'No Grid' will free it from snapping but I dont find it in main project window.
Indeed, the composer has no snapping options yet.

LlukaX wrote:first bug i've found using OS X. I tried loading Steinberg's the Grand (version 1.0) and it comes up with a Star in the player panel. The grand's gui will not show and i'm getting no sound. :/
afterwards some of the png files in the gui are stripped leaving bare buttons and stars for icons :/ not sure why this happened.
If you seen stars for icons, that means that the Graphics folder is not found.

Maybe because you have renamed or moved the folder?
also a graphical glitch when using Minimoog V. When mini moog V is being edited and the sequencer is playing notes to Minimoog V and the user is changing a patch there is a wild graphical glitch where the vst's gui is pasted every time a note is played.
I'll check that!

Bonteburg wrote:
muzycian wrote:So i'll research wht it takes to make Luna CFM compatible...
Yeah Jo, I suggest you make it 'CFM' compatible. Especially Luna Free, if it's gonna be aimed at newbies or people on a budget they're gonna use freeware a lot. I tried many synths and effects and many of those won't load.

Marco :)
Yep, you certainly make a point!

muzycian wrote:Regarding the Rewind and Forward buttons:

So what about this:

Let's forget the double-clicking idea, and let's redefine the functionality of these buttons:

Instead of going back or forward in the more traditional way, let's go back and forward to "locator positions".

A single click on one of these two jumps to the previous/next locator in line.

Currently the important locator positions in a composition are:

->Start of composition
->Start of first selected part
->Loop Start
->Loop End
->Last manual set position (via click timebar or edit in transport)
->End of Composition

Lateron, user locators may be added as well ;)
Sounds great!

jens wrote:
muzycian wrote: -> VST scanner improved in case of crashing plugs
not for me... :? :help:

the same problem - Copier crashes Luna, when restarting Luna there's first the license agreement again (this was different in beta5) then Luna asks for the vst-folder again (this as well), says Copier.dll was a bad boy and will be ignored and then the scan starts from the beginning again, Luna crashes, the license agreement pops up, then Luna asks for the folder, tells me that Copier was behaving badly and thus will get no chocolatte this time, etc. ad infinitum <- or at least that's what I guess
I've found a possible reason.

If the scan encounters a crashed plugin and says "Plug X seems to cause a problem, will be ignored", it does ignore the plugin during that scan.

But if the very next plug Y also causes a crash, then the database was not yet updated regarding plug X, and thus the next scan then says "Plug Y seems to cause a problem, will be ignored", but will crash again at plug X as that one is scanned again :(

If two problematic plugs were separated by a good one, then the database was updated in time.

Beta 7 takes proper care of the "exceptional" situation of 2 crashing plugs just after each other.

LlukaX wrote:also a graphical glitch when using Minimoog V. When mini moog V is being edited and the sequencer is playing notes to Minimoog V and the user is changing a patch there is a wild graphical glitch where the vst's gui is pasted every time a note is played.
Fixed in beta 7!

Return to “MUTOOLS”