LUNA Beta 7

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

LUNA Beta 7 is available for download.

If you're new to LUNA, you can read an introduction here: http://www.mutools.com/luna/docs/introduction.html

If you want to check out LUNA Beta 7, PM or email me your email address, and you'll get the download links (Osx and Windows).

Cheers!

Jo at MuTools.com

looking good, got my vst scanning problem sorted ;-)
couple of questions that may have been covered elsewhere
- should there be some scale/graduation graphics behind the volume sliders in the mixing desk,
and is it correct behaviour that the channel volume control affects the volume before a send (i'd have expected it to apply after all the effect slots as a master volume) there are individual send volume controls but as it is you can't drop the main bus volume without it also cutting the send volume

I see many bugs are fixed. :)
Tools are tools, they don't produce anything...

Hi! I noticed that when I open Luna b7, and it starts with no player associated to the Bach invention, and I create a new synth, CM-101 in the Composer window, and then I open the Sequence Editor, and then I change to the CM-101, then the player for the part is not changed, and no sound comes out. On the other hand, if I create the CM-101 in the Sequence Editor, then it does change that part to that player.

Also, the "duplicate" command seems to work now, that's great. My only concern is that the word "duplicate" makes it seem like it ought to manufacture another copy and place it somewhere. It seems like, when you call it, it's more like "detach" the copy from the pool of originals. I can't quite think of a better intuitive name for it right now, but I thought I'd mention that.

Thanks!

One other minor thing: it seems like the rewind button (which is much nicer now by the way) behaves differently when the player is playing (it will only back up to the place where the play started) than when the player is not playing (then it can go all the way back to the beginning).
I think it might be nice for it to be able to go all the way back even when playing, but I wonder what others think.

Thanks!

Hengy wrote:looking good, got my vst scanning problem sorted ;-)
Great!!
couple of questions that may have been covered elsewhere
- should there be some scale/graduation graphics behind the volume sliders in the mixing desk,
There is no numeric display of the gain now.

Isn't it the ear that should say if a gain is right?
and is it correct behaviour that the channel volume control affects the volume before a send (i'd have expected it to apply after all the effect slots as a master volume) there are individual send volume controls but as it is you can't drop the main bus volume without it also cutting the send volume
The channel volume is applied to the audio just before the first Post fader plugin.

By clicking at the left of the plug sots, you can define which plugs are Pre fader and which are Post fader.

fycfung wrote:Hi! I noticed that when I open Luna b7, and it starts with no player associated to the Bach invention, and I create a new synth, CM-101 in the Composer window, and then I open the Sequence Editor, and then I change to the CM-101, then the player for the part is not changed, and no sound comes out. On the other hand, if I create the CM-101 in the Sequence Editor, then it does change that part to that player.
Strange, can't reproduce that here.

It doesn't matter whether i create a new or select an existing player, switching to another player in the Sequence Editor always sets that player for that part.
Also, the "duplicate" command seems to work now, that's great. My only concern is that the word "duplicate" makes it seem like it ought to manufacture another copy and place it somewhere. It seems like, when you call it, it's more like "detach" the copy from the pool of originals. I can't quite think of a better intuitive name for it right now, but I thought I'd mention that.
Ok, i'll do some minor tweaks do make it more clear.

fycfung wrote:One other minor thing: it seems like the rewind button (which is much nicer now by the way) behaves differently when the player is playing (it will only back up to the place where the play started) than when the player is not playing (then it can go all the way back to the beginning).
I think it might be nice for it to be able to go all the way back even when playing, but I wonder what others think.

Thanks!
Indeed, when you rewind while playing, it goes back to the first prior position, but then it continues playing and thus a next rewind will go to the same prior position.

Not sure how to improve this. Will think about it.

LlukaX wrote:my clip

http://www.s94780672.onlinehome.us/Soph ... 20Love.mp3

lo-fi was intended :)
That's really a nice track!!

Did you create this from the ground up? Did you play the guitar parts?

It only needs some extra rounds of severe producing to make a pro track of it, imho.

Thanks :) hehe yes, ground up :) I been playing guitar 13 years. dude your sequencer is TOTALLY AWESOME. i love it so much! I had to use trilogy in another sequencer though, but thats fine. I enjoy doing other things while im recording which i can't do with any other sequencer, but LUNA :)

what about a way to link vst parameters to controller knobs? i was gonna ask that before but figured it was on its way.

That's the one big feature i love about muzys. easy to assign midi controllers.
Cheers

Simon
www.myspace.com/projectzeero
www.life-support.org.uk

P4 3GHz CPU | 1Gb RAM | WIN XP Home | Cubase SE 3.03 |

Jo

Just noticed that in Beta 7 (OSX version), no graphical representation is created when you draw in the Pitchbend window although the midi notes are affected by what is drawn - invisible pitch bending!

Everything else looking very good so far.

Calum

Return to “MUTOOLS”