FR-Audio channels View

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some small Feature request and also a question.

will it be different in 'Unlimited version'?

In Sequencer and Audio Editor, Audio image show up as single channel even if it is Stereo Data. it will be easier to see if it shows both the channels. It will also help to drop mono audio files to mono tracks and stereo to stereo when Unlimited LUNA has more Audio Streams. It does not matter much with Free LUNA,IMO.

Second, It does not give any options while Recording and 'Mixdown to Audio File' about sample and bitrate. It saves in 16bit 44.1K by default. or is it hardware dependant?

Third, Just curious, is it much pain to implement -show image while record midi or audio? Now it only appears when recording stops.
Tools are tools, they don't produce anything...

SonicBreeze wrote:Some small Feature request and also a question.

will it be different in 'Unlimited version'?

In Sequencer and Audio Editor, Audio image show up as single channel even if it is Stereo Data. it will be easier to see if it shows both the channels. It will also help to drop mono audio files to mono tracks and stereo to stereo when Unlimited LUNA has more Audio Streams. It does not matter much with Free LUNA,IMO.
Luna Free has only 1 audio stream strip, but that can be mono or stereo.

Luna Unlimited has unlimited audio stream strips, also mono or stereo.

When you stream a mono file thru the stream strip, then the result will be mono. But as soon as you also stream a stereo file thru it the result will be stereo, and the audio of the mono file is turned into stereo too, in the mixer strip (not touching the audio file itself).
Second, It does not give any options while Recording and 'Mixdown to Audio File' about sample and bitrate. It saves in 16bit 44.1K by default. or is it hardware dependant?
No, not hardware dependent.

These options will be added soon in version 1.x.
Third, Just curious, is it much pain to implement -show image while record midi or audio? Now it only appears when recording stops.
May i ask: Why do you need it (from a musician's perspective)?

muzycian wrote:
No not essential at all. But I dont see a way to viewing/monitor recording when taking a longer take.

And Glad to know that Sample and Bitrate option will be added in v1.x
Tools are tools, they don't produce anything...

oops wrong thread :oops:

SonicBreeze wrote:
muzycian wrote:
No not essential at all. But I dont see a way to viewing/monitor recording when taking a longer take.
Yep, that's indeed something to be added: monitoring recording levels!

Speaking of unlimited mixer channels... There will be some way to collapse them to get an easy overview, yes? (I think this has been answered before but my memory is flakey :))

pljones wrote:Speaking of unlimited mixer channels... There will be some way to collapse them to get an easy overview, yes? (I think this has been answered before but my memory is flakey :))
Yes, that will come in 1.x

Return to “MUTOOLS”