LUNA Free Beta 8

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mnemonic wrote:Also, it seems that when you manually edit, the centre of the "editing pencil" chooses where the note goes rather than the tip. Is there anything that can be done about this, as it makes manually editing a little unpredictable.
It's the tip of the pencil that defines the insert point.

But that insert point is snapped to the grid.

So if you are closer to the a grid point at the right, then the note is inserted there.

Isn't that intuitive/logical?

Wonder what rule other hosts use...

muzycian wrote: It's the tip of the pencil that defines the insert point.

So if you are closer to the a grid point at the right, then the note is inserted there.

Wonder what rule other hosts use...
Yes, that makes more sense! The way that I think about it is that if I click anywhere in a grid square, then the note should be inserted there. Maybe other people prefer it the way it is now though, as it has made it right through to beta8, whereas I've only just started using it.

The application is looking promising through, and definitely has that Muzys-feel (that is a good thing!).

I also still personally prefer the "click inside a box turns on that box" which all the other hosts that I have tried out use, but I can live with the way it is now.

muzycian wrote:
D-Fusion wrote:Yes the T button would be a good workaround, or maybe middle mouseclick.
The T key does already work.

Middle mouseclick? Mmm, may be a good idea :)

How many people do have a third mouse button?

almost nobody - 25% - 50% - 75% - almost everyone?
I'd be happy with the middle mouse click.

I noticed that if I set the loop over the first three measures of the Invention, running CM-101, and I loop, and then while the loop is playing, I click and try to drag at the right end of the loop bar, then the last note of the 3rd measure hangs while the loop continues to play.

I also got a hanging note once that kept getting louder, but I haven't quite figured out how to reproduce it yet.

Mnemonic wrote:Yes, that makes more sense! The way that I think about it is that if I click anywhere in a grid square, then the note should be inserted there. Maybe other people prefer it the way it is now though, as it has made it right through to beta8, whereas I've only just started using it.
fycfung wrote:I also still personally prefer the "click inside a box turns on that box" which all the other hosts that I have tried out use, but I can live with the way it is now.
I checked some other hosts:

Live: uses the snap-to-box approach
Project 5: uses the snap-to-box approach
FL Studio: uses the snap-to-grid approach
EnergyXT : uses the snap-to-box approach
Cubase: uses the snap-to-box approach

So most other hosts use snap-to-box, but FL Studio (of which some say it has the best piano roll editor) also uses snap-to-grid.

Imho: Snap-to-grid is more logical/musical.

Snapping not only defines where a new note is inserted, but also e.g. which velocity beam you're editing in the V2 editor (below the piano roll).

Using the snap-to-box approach, you get weird effects when editing velocity beams, see cubase :?

Let's stick to the snap-to-grid, ok?

my vote is with T button :)

In beta 9, the doubleclick = choose mouse tool has gone.

You can choose the mouse tool in 3 ways then:

-> select it directly from the tool box
-> click the middle mouse button
-> press T

:)

muzycian wrote:
Mnemonic wrote:Yes, that makes more sense! The way that I think about it is that if I click anywhere in a grid square, then the note should be inserted there. Maybe other people prefer it the way it is now though, as it has made it right through to beta8, whereas I've only just started using it.
fycfung wrote:I also still personally prefer the "click inside a box turns on that box" which all the other hosts that I have tried out use, but I can live with the way it is now.
I checked some other hosts:

Live: uses the snap-to-box approach
Project 5: uses the snap-to-box approach
FL Studio: uses the snap-to-grid approach
EnergyXT : uses the snap-to-box approach
Cubase: uses the snap-to-box approach

So most other hosts use snap-to-box, but FL Studio (of which some say it has the best piano roll editor) also uses snap-to-grid.

Imho: Snap-to-grid is more logical/musical.

Snapping not only defines where a new note is inserted, but also e.g. which velocity beam you're editing in the V2 editor (below the piano roll).

Using the snap-to-box approach, you get weird effects when editing velocity beams, see cubase :?

Let's stick to the snap-to-grid, ok?
I'm fine with snap-to-grid, esp. with respect to your point about the velocity beams.

muzycian wrote:In beta 9, the doubleclick = choose mouse tool has gone.

You can choose the mouse tool in 3 ways then:

-> select it directly from the tool box
-> click the middle mouse button
-> press T

:)
Excellent :tu:

Is there a Master mixer strip that I can't see?
Soloing individual channels/tracks and H:M:S mode in the transport panel display would be useful too.

There is no preset master strip. If you want a master strip, then create a send strip and route all audio to it ;)

Solo tracks = control-click (osx: command-click) on a track mute.
Unsolo tracks = shift-control-click (osx: shift-command-click) on a track mute.

Thanks for the tip :)

Now I see why I couldn't find out how to solo a track - I tried all combinations of ctrl, shift and alt click, but on the Audio mixer. Could you duplicate that function to the mixer too?

Yes, that will come. (no eta yet)

muzycian wrote :
It's the tip of the pencil that defines the insert point.

Talking of snapping to grids, can you display a grid and have no snap :?:

Daz

Return to “MUTOOLS”