LUNA Free Beta 8

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

> DiGiT < wrote:i would like more control over plugins... i want to be able to remove plugins. i want to be able to try my blocked plugins again.
All scanned plugins are listed in the vstplugins.xml file in your luna/settings folder.

You can safely edit that file directly, just make sure luna is not running (i.e. quit luna).

To delete a plugin: lookup the <plug>...</plug> block where the filepath is the one yo want to delete. Delete the whole <plug>...</plug> block.

Though that may cause the plugin to be re-added on a next "Add Vst Plugins".

So to "ignore" a plugin: set the <NumPrograms> value to -1

To rescan a plugin: This can be done via Luna itself: goto "Add Vst Plugins" and choose the plugin you want to rescan. If it's currently an ignored plugin, luna will ask: "rescan plugin?"

are mix knobs on plugins comming soon? its pretty important to me in a mix to be able to blend an effect with the dry sound, and theres not often a mix knob in the plugin.
Yes, on the whishlist list.
maybe a list of recent files in the file menu?
On the whishlist list.
what about a way to re-arrange the order of the channel strips? to collapse them to a fader and a meter?
Also on the whishlist list.

pljones wrote:Well, I have to admit I really liked Muzys' three-bank mixer. You had 16 channels in a bank that Players connected to, which all defaulted to the same "master" output channel. You also had 16 "master" output channels (i.e. 32 mono outs supported). Plus a bank of 16 channels for sends.

What LUNA Unlimited has is one channel per player (although, by default, all audio files get the same player, I think). But you can set up a "master" strip and route all others to that. And have send strips that are shared, etc. It's more flexible but I do see what you're getting at. You're right - you'd have to route each VSTi to the "master" channel by hand - no defaulting.

I want both - defaults and flexibility. For example, I want to be able to say "I want each player to get its own strip - regardless of if it's audio or VSTi - but I want that strip to use 'this' as its template"...

Don't take this the wrong way: you're the only person I remember raising this, so I guess Jo's not going to feel it needs to be in place before 1.0 gets released. In fact, it might wait until "later" (which is when I feel a lot of my more "modular" design idea might happen). I don't mind: I just want Jo to keep working on LUNA to take it beyond what Muzys had become.
I'll think more about the master mixer strip request, for a future release.

Hi Jo,
I didn't get an email about Beta 8.
Sent you a PM
Cheers.

Return to “MUTOOLS”