Two thoughts on future enhancements

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fycfung wrote:Hi Jo,
Sure, I'm looking forward to PR2. I don't really have any preference as to which modifier key does what.Maybe there are some conventions among the other piano rolls but I don't know what they are.
Thanks again for your attentions to my thoughts, even when you don't always agree. I really honestly promise not to bring up the delete-on-click anymore. :)
Hey, feel free to feedback/request whatever you want, whenever you want.

I just try to organize all feedback/requests in a structured way, and make a sorted list of what to do. In order not to get lost in (important) details, and always keep an overview of the global concept.

A well-balanced piano roll editor is very important. No doubt about that.

But at the other hand, also other hot features like stretchable loops and an integrated sampler/synth and integrated effects are waiting.

So that's why we must be critical (in the positive way) about what to do, and when to do what, and how to do that :)

Thanks for taking LUNA serious, and to push it to high-quality!

Cheers!

Jo

usob solina wrote:I own FLStudio and Luna, my favorite piano-roll is the FLStudio's roll, described here.

This is, in my opinion, the best roll. But I understand that you want to do as your mind. Just to compare and give you more ideas.
Yes, i also heard that FL's piano roll is one of the bests.

I quickly read its piano roll manual, interesting.

Now if i come back to the topic, then my conclusion is: FL relies on the modifiers keys to offer its rich feature set.

But i try to reserve the use of modifier keys to only access advanced functions and/or as shortcuts for a faster workflow.

A newbie user should be able to do a lot (of basics) without using any modifier key.
(except standard key-combies like control+a / command+a = select all).

My conclusion for now: let's go for modifier key combis to access the preview-note and delete-note functions. I think that fits nice in LUNA's gui concept.

Right-click a note to delete it is not an option here as right-clicking is reserved to popup context-menus; a context-menu for a note event is planned for a future release.

DELETED

sampler/synth hands down.
But yeah , let's have a proper poll circa PR 2 +a couple of weeks :)

For future adds:

1. SAMPLE SPLIT - when I split sample in arrange window it would be great to view only this part in wave editor.
Now I still can see/edit whole sample. Oh.. also END marker would be cool!

2. AUTOMATION FOR AUDIO - I think it would be handy to edit wave parameters the same way like midi ones. When I open midi part I have this editor below, why not use it in wave edit too? With all mixer and vst parameters for this sample chanel strip.

Maybe it's better idea then automation for whole tracks since Luna is part players oriented!

Best,
P.

It would be nice if we can open multiple Event 2 Editor in the Sequence Editor !

Trapaki wrote:For future adds:

1. SAMPLE SPLIT - when I split sample in arrange window it would be great to view only this part in wave editor.
Now I still can see/edit whole sample. Oh.. also END marker would be cool!
Agreed. But not with restriction to zoom out to the full wave. So it's a matter of an auto-zoom the first time you go to the the audio lab with that audio part.

Just like when editing sequence parts.
2. AUTOMATION FOR AUDIO - I think it would be handy to edit wave parameters the same way like midi ones. When I open midi part I have this editor below, why not use it in wave edit too? With all mixer and vst parameters for this sample chanel strip.

Maybe it's better idea then automation for whole tracks since Luna is part players oriented!
Sounds like a good idea!

Will think about it :)

Have a great weekend!

usob solina wrote:It would be nice if we can open multiple Event 2 Editor in the Sequence Editor !
Added to the whishlist.

Fine !

You know, I was thinking about this more. I don't necessarily miss the click-to-delete as much as I thought I would....I am looking forward to seeing how PR2 deals with note-previewing; I do quite miss the ability to preview without going all the way to the left. I've seen in REAPER though that perhaps sounding the note for the entire time you're drawing it might be a bit too extreme on the other end though.

That said, regarding Jo's question about integrated sampler/synth vs. hotkeys: I've been thinking, I've been getting all these Computer Music DVDs with lots of 24-bit samples, and nothing to play them in (DS-404 apparently being 16-bit only). So an integrated sampler that supported these 24-bit samples would be way cool. Just my thoughts. Thanks!

Also, currently there are only 3 tools on the palette, right? Perhaps that thing with the middle-click could just cycle between the 3 tools, it might be faster than doing palette navigation.

Also, currently there are only 3 tools on the palette
And what about a glue tool ?

Return to “MUTOOLS”