some thoughts

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been playing with Luna a little: love the clip based basic plan - very fast and elegant. And the treatment of automation is great. very exciting work.

A few thoughts: Whereas parts and mixer tracks have visual representations - players do not - they are visible only with some clicking. perhaps there might be some way to represent these graphically? If you had a column of little icons on the right perhaps you could click on a player and highlight the parts that use it and the mixer track it is connected to? also access vstis for editing more quickly that way.What I'm after is having less to keep track of in my mind especially if I return to a project and cant remember whats going on!

Another question I have regards the tracks and track mutes. I guess in the context of a part based sequencer this is a kind of built in grouping function only: parts you want to be able to toggle on and off can be put on a single track. This has the limitation that parts can overlap in a way that makes them hard to select and see. I wonder if there might be other kinds of groupings that are less constrained? so to be able to group a lot of automation clips that control a given vst, or automation together with parts whose players are controlled, multiple takes etc. something to think about anyway!

finally excuse me if I have already asked about this but I hope you will include full tempo and meter flexibility in future versions. thanks.

semiquaver wrote:I've been playing with Luna a little: love the clip based basic plan - very fast and elegant. And the treatment of automation is great. very exciting work.

A few thoughts: Whereas parts and mixer tracks have visual representations - players do not - they are visible only with some clicking. perhaps there might be some way to represent these graphically? If you had a column of little icons on the right perhaps you could click on a player and highlight the parts that use it and the mixer track it is connected to? also access vstis for editing more quickly that way.What I'm after is having less to keep track of in my mind especially if I return to a project and cant remember whats going on!
Players do have a graphical representation: In the Player Panel at the top left.

But indeed, there is only visible one player at a time.

Do you think that's a big restriction?
Another question I have regards the tracks and track mutes. I guess in the context of a part based sequencer this is a kind of built in grouping function only: parts you want to be able to toggle on and off can be put on a single track. This has the limitation that parts can overlap in a way that makes them hard to select and see. I wonder if there might be other kinds of groupings that are less constrained? so to be able to group a lot of automation clips that control a given vst, or automation together with parts whose players are controlled, multiple takes etc. something to think about anyway!
I'm not sure if i catch this point.

If you don't want parts to overlap, then you can put them on separate tracks, right?
finally excuse me if I have already asked about this but I hope you will include full tempo and meter flexibility in future versions. thanks.
That's very probable.

Return to “MUTOOLS”