LUNA PreRelease 4

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oldguy wrote:Hi Jo, I hope the house is coming along.

One feature that would be nice is the ability to copy sequences / audio between sessions. With the audio, I could just output to wave as a workaround, but with the midi I loose flexibility if I do that.
Yes, i would also like such feature. And i already have some worked out ideas for this, but it's still a bit too soon to come out with these ideas. First LUNA must be rock solid, and then version 1.0 will be released. Working on it ;)

Edit: nevermind :)

im really appreciating the group feature allowing you to sort your plugins according to your preferences!

this is quite a smart program! jo you will remain my pick for software. theres just something about the programs youre involved with that rubs me the right way. i can only wonder what your other products will be like!

Hey Jo,

When will CMusic be updated to reflect the new LUNA release version?

This month's CM still had CMusic 1.5 on the DVD.

Kai.

Just a note on LUNA usage (PR4)

This is the program that I go to first to try out VST modules. Especially VSTi's. It is so quick to load and add a VST plugin so it makes for the quickest way to explore a VST module. You can get to the heart of a VST in seconds with no templates or setups required.

Even reviews of plugins don't give you the picture of what each VST is all about. I find that I need to evaluate each candidate to see if will fit with my individual style and need. LUNA is the perfect vehicle to quickly jump into something new.

Keep up the great work.

Here's a suggestion for the wishlist (I think someone else also requested this feature):

MIDI tracks should be allowed to be saved and (re)loaded. Or at least copied and pasted from an external editor. The LUNA MIDI Editor is just too basic to massage MIDI and controller data. Especially when global changes are desired. The save / load approach would be the better of the two approaches.

LUNA PR5 can also export as MIDI file. So you can select the sequence parts on a track, then export them as a midifile, edit them, and import them again.

When you import a midifile, it results in a new composition in the current session.

Then you can copy-paste the sequence parts in that new composition in the original composition.

To switch between different compositions in the same session: right-click the composer background and select "Select Next Composition".

Hope this helps :)

It's ready to download? :)

When, oh, when, will we have PR5? :love: :D

Before newyear :)

Thank you. :hug:

Yeah, a happy festive period is guaranteed! :)

hi,

a few questions please:

1) the release notes refer to Copy-Duplicate Sequencer Part? where is this command located?

2) what is the white bar to the left of the loop button (under the metronome)?

3) what is the edit tool to the right of the eraser (<-II->)? split part?

thanks. looking forward to PR5.

JamminFool wrote:hi,

a few questions please:

1) the release notes refer to Copy-Duplicate Sequencer Part? where is this command located?
When you drag a sequence part:

-> hold Control to just copy the part, still using the same sequence
-> hold Alt to copy the part and also duplicate the sequence

The "Duplicate Sequence" function is also available in the sequence part context menu.

Duplicating a sequence means that a copy of the sequence is made and the part then uses the new copy. So you can change that new sequence without affecting any other parts. (because when 2 parts use the same sequence, and you change the sequence, then both parts are affected of course)
It indicates the CPU usage. The more VSTs you plug in, the more the meter will go up. (euh, go right).
3) what is the edit tool to the right of the eraser (<-II->)? split part?
Yes, the split tool indeed :)

muzycian wrote:
It indicates the CPU usage. The more VSTs you plug in, the more the meter will go up. (euh, go right).
White bar? Someone's got a powerful CPU..! Mmm, I start to realise my PC is getting older... ;)

Return to “MUTOOLS”