To Jo: Simplifying event/audio workflow within mixer strips

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pljones, I knew that you would come around. :hihi: I'm glad that I've had a good idea for once! ;) I hope that it helps LUNA to grow (even!) better.

Yes, thanks a lot for spotting on this.

In fact, that's one of the reasons why LUNA is still in prerelease, because also i was not yet 100% happy with the current workflow.

But the combination of the new Part Property Panel and the new Rack system could be it :)

It does need some more thinking though, so to be sure we don't overlook anything.

And then it's implementation time 8)

muzycian wrote:
pljones wrote:Mmm, and can the "send" plugins be somewhat intelligent (maybe not day one)..? So the MIDI sends could pick and choose which messages to send? That would be incredibly flexible (e.g. sending all Ch 10 messages one way, with the rest passing through).
That could also be achieved by a "general" send, and then plug in a MIDI filter plug in the destination Target ;)

(oh yes, i would love to have integrated plugs, both audio as midi. but that needs some more time i think)
I can easily see that more time and thought would need to go into how sophisticated you might might want to make a send, and whether you could embed a VST processor into a send, but it does seem like a very basic channel filter on a MIDI send would be a simple, obvious, and desireable thing.

DaveL

DaveL60 wrote:I can easily see that more time and thought would need to go into how sophisticated you might might want to make a send, and whether you could embed a VST processor into a send, but it does seem like a very basic channel filter on a MIDI send would be a simple, obvious, and desireable thing.
If you want to "embed" a vst plug in a send, then send it to separate Rack (aka mixer strip) and plug in what you want, then send the result to the Rack you originally wanted to send to.

OK, this may take some extra steps, but advantage is that you have modular, open system. Able to do very complex things, but still easy to learn :)

muzycian wrote:
(Now I just need the UI under MIDI/automation control ;) )
Can you elaborate on this, not sure what you mean, sorry.
Things like automating the tempo and having the start/stop/record buttons as automation targets so they can be controlled from a control surface somehow.

muzycian wrote:
pljones wrote:Mmm, and can the "send" plugins be somewhat intelligent (maybe not day one)..? So the MIDI sends could pick and choose which messages to send? That would be incredibly flexible (e.g. sending all Ch 10 messages one way, with the rest passing through).
That could also be achieved by a "general" send, and then plug in a MIDI filter plug in the destination Target ;)
So long as there was the option for the send to pass everything thru as well, i.e. it sent the message in two directions, down the chain and out to a new target. Actually, I guess that's the only function required, if an individual MIDI source can already be wired to any target, all the send does is act as a splitter that allows two targets to be specified.

Yep, that's how i see it too.

Just like a current audio send ;)

Yeah, combined with the Part Property Panel, this should be very good. :) Do you think that it is something for PR5, or for a later edition?

wow see this is more along the lines of a modular environment, the kind muzys was missing that i thought it deserved. i would be proud to use this! sorta reminds me of traktion tho--that isnt a bad thing!

my company is going pretty well now, so far i have spent the whole year building it up and im at the point where i will have more time for music, and more time for luna. i thank you jo for allowing me to be a part of the beta team although i have not contributed much.

im just sorta wondering if this approach would become a part of CMusic as well as luna proper. it does seem rather easy to grasp whats going on in this modus, if you think about it.

cheers all!

Of course it will; CMusic and LUNA Free are just (slightly) slimmed-down versions of the "full" program.

<delete>

Jo, can we look forward to this updated system in PR5? :) I'm not worried, just wondering. Keep up all of the good work!

Drenholm wrote:I'm not worried, just wondering.
I'm not worried, just excited!! :hihi:

:D Too right!

Drenholm wrote:Jo, can we look forward to this updated system in PR5? :) I'm not worried, just wondering. Keep up all of the good work!
What do you mean by "look forward"?

Do you want to discuss this more here on the forum?
Or do you mean you want a timeline when it will be ready?

Return to “MUTOOLS”