Sidechaining?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does LUNA support sidechaining? I'm guessing "no", but if the answer is "yes" then it's not apparent to me how to go about it.

DaveL

I'm waiting to see what PR5 bring for routing possibilities... :)

Workaround:

Set up two mixer channels - one for signal, one for side chain. Set up a send channel and plug your side-chained effect in. Assuming it expects a MONO signal on the LEFT channel, pan the signal mixer channel fully left and use a post fader send to the effect channel. Opposite for the side chain. (How the audio gets to signal and side chain is up to you, of course.)

I did not yet explicitly try this.

Which plug do you want to sidechain?

pljones wrote:Workaround: <snip>
Yeah, I figured something like that would work for, say, the CM Vocoder, but I haven't actually tried it yet.
muzycian wrote:Which plug do you want to sidechain?
Well, I actually hadn't picked one, but I had an instance where I was thinking of controlling the filter on a string patch with the drums (which is where the Dr-Fusion send came into play), and was concurrently (a) wondering if I could actually do that in LUNA, and (b) looking for a suitable plugin.

DaveL

Not many hosts really make side-chaining easy, so not many plugins "take advantage" of it. One way I've heard of it being done is with a "remote" plugin for the side chain that communicates with the main plugin "behind the scenes" as it were. Not ideal but likely to work in more hosts, I guess...

heres a dynamics plugin that uses sidechaining... not in the way you want tho.

http://www.rogernicholsdigital.com/dynam-izer.htm

i highly recommend it, even tho the original company (elemental audio) was bought by this roger nichols guy and pimped as his own production (he even renamed them all to hideous names). but i gotta give it up, this plugin sounds exceptional!

Return to “MUTOOLS”