LUNA PreRelease 5

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanx for your kind words, DaveL. BTW. I do have only - one - creditcard, so that choice is easy. :hihi:

I was thinking of getting a PayPal account for a limited amount, but MuTools don't work with PayPal. :(

Jo, I saw that you're based in Belgium. Do you, by any chance, have a bank account here in Holland? If so pm me with details and the money is underways. :D

MachFront wrote:Wow.
I've been following this since about June or so and it's really looking good.
You're doing a fine job.
One of these days I'll even download it and try it out.
(lately I've been baffled by Tracktion, and if I'm confused by that, then there's not much help for me)

But, just a quick note to simply say congrats.
And, the other links to it work, but the link to the "introduction" from the "products" page is broken. The one where it says: "For a more detailed introduction, click here."
Just so ya know.
:)
Works fine here. Maybe there was a temporary server hickup at that very time?

pljones wrote:How do I route my MIDI Input to a Rack Synth? (When recording MIDI In, the part captured is targetted to the target of the selected part, similarly to in PR4. For the time being, I'd be happy to have to click a part to set the MIDI In target -- but it's not working!)
<edit>Well, I tried it again whilst trying to reproduce a crash and it's working! :?</edit>
Indeed, MIDI Input is always routed to the Target of the current selected part.

Lets keep an eye on it that it works 100% correct.
And now, a couple of bugs:

#1 Set up an audio part
#2 Set the part's target to audio out
#3 Delete the part -- the top-right panel still shows the part details
#4 Try to change the part's output using the panel: no go!
#5 Try to change the audio file using the panel: the details now disappear
True. Fixed in the next version.
#1 Extended loop end while playing back an audio track
#2 Removed mda vocoder
#3 Inserted MrTramp
#4 Crashed
http://www.drealm.info/luna/200701130949-drwtsn32.log
Could not reproduce but I got an audible glitch the second time.
Thanks for the crash log! Researching this.

<edit>this crash log gives me some xml file, not a crash log file..?</edit>
Last edited by muzycian on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pljones wrote:Feature request: in the key editor, when I select a note, can the value 2 for that note "come to the front" (where there are multiple notes at the same time), please?
Yeah, i fully understand.

Added to the Whish List.

pljones wrote:Feature request: Can we have "New rack" and "New VST Synth (in new Rack)" targets in the part panel, please :).
Will breed on this.

I'm not yet convinced that these funx are worth complicating the Target menu.

Ideally, menus are user definable.

But that goes beyond the current scope / goal of LUNA.

Anyway: lets give it some time.

pljones wrote:Dammit, crashed.
http://www.drealm.info/luna/200701131231-drwtsn32.log
(log file not yet uploaded: GoDaddy appears to be down!)

CM-505, daHornet and Delay Lama VSTis, and rather more else than I can remember for effects. The VSTi's had a rack each. CM-505 and daHornet routed to a common rack. I was extending the length of the CM-505 part whilst playback was running. Given I'd already done this a few times, I'll say "not reproducible" even before I try!

And I hadn't saved the session :cry:.
Sorry about this man :(

I'm hunting down those crash bugs!

MattmaN wrote:
pljones wrote:Feature request: Can we have "New rack" and "New VST Synth" targets in the part panel, please :).
Yes that would be nice! :)
Ok, taking your opinion into account too.

But please also read my previous post about this.

pljones wrote:One more feature request... (Reviving an old one for PR6 ;))

Can we have the MIDI In panel back, with each port*channel having the same routing choices as a Sequence Part, please? You could hide it under "Edit->MIDI In Routing" so it doesn't clutter the simple user interface.
I've added it to the Whish List.

But it's a more "Pro" feature that certainly has less priority than things like:

(in unsorted order)

Breakpoint Automation Envelopes
Integrated Synth / Effects
Flexible Audio Loops
Freezing
Last edited by muzycian on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveL60 wrote:
pljones wrote:Feature request: in the key editor, when I select a note, can the value 2 for that note "come to the front" (where there are multiple notes at the same time), please?
+1 (+10?) I'd generalize this slightly: when any notes are selected in the key editor, their corresponding value 2 points should also be selected / highlighted for easy access & editing. Tracktion does this in its MIDI editor and it's an invaluable aid to making value 2 editing easier. I believe that the way it works in Tracktion, if a note or notes are selected then only those notes' value 2 points are editable, which seems very reasonable to me.

DaveL
OK, taken notice.

Thanks for the reference.

Kai VejaR wrote:Thanx for your kind words, DaveL. BTW. I do have only - one - creditcard, so that choice is easy. :hihi:

I was thinking of getting a PayPal account for a limited amount, but MuTools don't work with PayPal. :(

Jo, I saw that you're based in Belgium. Do you, by any chance, have a bank account here in Holland? If so pm me with details and the money is underways. :D
No, no bank account in Holland.

But Share-It also offers these alternative payment methods:

Bank / Wire Transfer
Cheque
Cash

Is one of these options a good alternative for you?

Just wondering - is there any reason for the default velocity of 101.6 in the MIDI editor? (I didn't even know that decimals were possible!) I would've thought that the most logical default would be 127.

Of course, this is just a daft little question. ;)

The reason is that internally, LUNA uses a 32 bit float value for velocities, which is much more accurate than the 'old' 7 bit midi value.

It's at the moment that a LUNA note goes to the MIDI port that the value is 'narrowed' into a 7 bit value, by proper rounding of course.

Now the Key Editor uses a default velocity of 0.8 which is translated as 101.6 in the display.

The next version will use a default velocity of 110.

It's always good to have some headroom.

I see. Thanks for the quick and detailed explanation! Will there be any way to set the default at all?

I had an idea for picking targets... This might sort out the confusion of having the same instrument/effect plugged into multiple racks, too. If a "folder structure" was presented, where the racks were the top, the entries were the next level and then any lower level targets with them:

+ Some collapsed Rack
- Some expanded Rack
..- Multitimbral VSTi
....> MIDI In #1
....> MIDI In #2
....> MIDI In #3
..+ Some collapsed effect
..- Some expanded effect with a side-chain input
....> The side-chain audio in
+ Some collapsed Rack
etc

muzycian wrote:Indeed, MIDI Input is always routed to the Target of the current selected part.
Lets keep an eye on it that it works 100% correct.
It might or might not be related but if I switch focus between parts whilst playing live, there's definitely some glitching of live playback. It could be the Microsoft USB MIDI driver, I guess...
muzycian wrote:Thanks for the crash log! Researching this.
<edit>this crash log gives me some xml file, not a crash log file..?</edit>
I just tried it and it looks like a normal log here. Oh, and I'll try getting the other one up now, too. Yep, the other logfile's there now.
muzycian wrote:But it's a more "Pro" feature that certainly has less priority than things like:
Agreed.
Last edited by pljones on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MUTOOLS”