LUNA Pre-Release 7

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

LUNA Unlimited PR7 has been released.

What's new
----------

* New: Swinged grids: 1/16th Swinged and 1/32th Swinged. Swing Factor is user definable.

* Tuned: Improved support for VST 2.4 plugins
* Tuned: Improved Level Meters
* Tuned: Audio Lab: Normalize function accepts Normalize Factor
* Tuned: Default value for Send Gain = 0.0 dB
* Tuned: Newly recorded curve sequences now immediately display that curve in Composer
* Tuned: Uniform function "Remove" for removing a plugin

* Fixed: Drawing in new events was not always possible on preset grid 1/12th, 1/24th and 1/48th
* Fixed: OSX: File Browser: Desktop button now does properly work (bis)
* Fixed: Automated parameters in generic plugin editor did not update their value display
* Fixed: Crash bug in graphic subsystem
* Fixed: Crash bug when moving the start locator in the sequence editor

* Upgraded skin "LooxBenu"

More info and downloads on http://www.MUTOOLS.com

Wow! That was fast!
I'll deffinantly do some beta testing on the swing feature. ;)
Thanks.

Just tryed it out, and I actualy like how it's implemented so far.
Being able to see, and snap your swing divisions from the piano roll is actualy very usefull, and flexible.
I have never visualy saw swing divisons in a piano roll before.
Sure I've used swing/groove quantize from a piano roll, but having the visual lines to show you how the swing is working in the piano roll is great!

Great job Joe, Your midi editor is really coming along nicely!

Tight! :eek:
I'm liking Luna more and more.

Here's one I've been wanting to talk about for a long time - I've been getting hanging note syndrome from the first release, but then this has been happeneing with Tracktion too. Can anyone confirm my theory that it's to do with my midi keyboard having to old a USB-standard??
It's from 2002.

Perhaps bizarrely, the ostensible hanging notes show up as long notes in Piano Roll, not very like "classical" hanging notes that just sound long.

update
Chords seem to be the issue. Playing a melody isn't a problem, but the more notes my keyboard is sending to Luna, the more prone to freak notes it gets. It doesn't happen in Logic Express at all.
However, (and that's a big however) it does occur in Tracktion, which is also based on the VSTI standard, rather than AU.

Marco :)

Another perhaps stupid question, but where can I find an option for saving plug-in settings/choosing presets?
There doesn't seem to be one, at least with most of the mda plugs.
Linplug seems to be ok. I'll try more plugs tonight. It seems to be pretty random.

Also, right clicking on the effect/synth's name in the rack pops up a mysterious "assign midi controller" option without giving me a list of parameters to map it to.

Marco :)

Hi Jo

All the crashes I reported in PR6 are now fixed - a big thank you! I don't know how you managed to do all this so quickly.

Hi Jo

Just started playing with Luna PR7. Things have changed quite a bit since PR4 and I like the changes that I've seen so far.

Playing around with a track and I found that it was quite difficult to change a midi program. The Value 2 area used to be able to show program changes, and indeed the option to do so is there. However, no program changes actually are shown.
I've also found that using the pencil tool in there has no visible effect, however go into the list editor, and the resulting edits are quite interesting.

So, I've found that the only place to be able to make a program change is in the list editor.

Is this a bug?

Cheers

Daz

Hi Jo, Just fired up 7.0. Looks good.

That said, I'm still seeing a bug that was in 6.0 - when I import a .wav audio track, the representation graphic does funny things. When I make the audio part longer, the waveform actually appears to contract. The wave-form is stationary when you are zoomed out no matter how you increase the length, but when you are zoomed it it acts pretty weird.

Then, when I attempted to zoom in, Luna crashed. Then, I imported an audio sample, attempted to lengthen it, and again Luna crashes. Seems pretty repeatable - when I lengthen the audio track more than a couple of times, crash if it's not zoomed all the way out (aka, I can prevent the crash if I zoom all the way out each time before I mess with the part length.) Happens with both skins.

Find the track here - nothing remarkable, just a long audio track.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3onuynumumy

Computer - 512MB, XP Pro, AMD Athlon 1800.

Fuzzbeard wrote:Hi Jo

Just started playing with Luna PR7. Things have changed quite a bit since PR4 and I like the changes that I've seen so far.

Playing around with a track and I found that it was quite difficult to change a midi program. The Value 2 area used to be able to show program changes, and indeed the option to do so is there. However, no program changes actually are shown.
I've also found that using the pencil tool in there has no visible effect, however go into the list editor, and the resulting edits are quite interesting.

So, I've found that the only place to be able to make a program change is in the list editor.

Is this a bug?
Indeed, the Value 2 editor doesn't show program changes. The reason is because prog changes don't have a value 2. Of course, LUNA shouldn't show "All ProgramChanges" as an option then. So that will be tuned.

The best place to insert/delete/edit program changes indeed is the List Editor.

oldguy wrote:Hi Jo, Just fired up 7.0. Looks good.

That said, I'm still seeing a bug that was in 6.0 - when I import a .wav audio track, the representation graphic does funny things. When I make the audio part longer, the waveform actually appears to contract. The wave-form is stationary when you are zoomed out no matter how you increase the length, but when you are zoomed it it acts pretty weird.
When zooming in/out an audio part, the wave graphic indeed may "vary" a little bit. It always displays the correct waveform, but as the start sample of the display may vary, the whole waveform can havea little variation. Difficult to explain in words, but it's not a bug.
Then, when I attempted to zoom in, Luna crashed. Then, I imported an audio sample, attempted to lengthen it, and again Luna crashes. Seems pretty repeatable - when I lengthen the audio track more than a couple of times, crash if it's not zoomed all the way out (aka, I can prevent the crash if I zoom all the way out each time before I mess with the part length.)
Computer - 512MB, XP Pro, AMD Athlon 1800.
Damn, a nasty crash bug slipped into PR7.

PR 7b will be made available later today!

Thanks for reporting this so fast!

Bonteburg wrote:Here's one I've been wanting to talk about for a long time - I've been getting hanging note syndrome from the first release, but then this has been happeneing with Tracktion too. Can anyone confirm my theory that it's to do with my midi keyboard having to old a USB-standard??
It's from 2002.
I've an MK-249 from slightly more recently and I'm on WinXP running the dreaded "class compliant" driver. I don't get stuck notes (well, I'm playing triggered percussion samples that ignore Note Off, so I don't really know) but I do get some really weird MIDI events apparently from nowhere. Like I'll be playing kick (on my FCB1010 maybe), snare and hihats and suddenly there'll be a ride sounding. Usually when I'm really hammering away at the keyboard. But the ride key is nowhere near any I'm playing. And it's not always the same note. Unlike you, I don't get the same in Muzys (still my only other host ;)).

It's really hard to track down: as it's always when the MIDI stream is very busy, I've never really taken the time to trawl through a log to see if I can get any more information.

So, guys, do you think it's a LUNA issue?

I think I'll have time this weekend to do some playing - I'll keep an eye on it. It's really hard to pin down when it's as rare as it is (for me).

it's pretty consistent here; play more than two notes at once at a moderately fast speed, you'll get freak notes.

MK-249c
:)

Bonteburg wrote:Also, right clicking on the effect/synth's name in the rack pops up a mysterious "assign midi controller" option without giving me a list of parameters to map it to.
The "Assign Midi Controller" allows you to assign a MIDI controller to a parameter.

In case of a VST plugin, you first have to give a tweak to a vst parameter in the vst editor.

I understand your confusion, and this will be made more user-friendly.

Return to “MUTOOLS”