Mass editing of note velocity

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I wanted to try making a loong, and very clichéd, snare roll. For that, and other drum editing tasks (hihat etc), it would be handy to be able to draw velocity curves in the same way one can do with other Value 2 values. It seems that note velocity can only be edited note by note.

And on an related note (bad Sunday morning joke, sorry ;)), it would be good with a dedicated way of erasing all Value 2 input, at least per Value 2. Currently I couldn't any other way than to select the eraser, zoom out so I see the whole song and then try to manually erase everything. It did seem to do the trick, but I'm not sure nothing was left behind, for that I'd need to zoom back in and go through everything.

rgds,

grizzly

grizzly wrote:I wanted to try making a loong, and very clichéd, snare roll. For that, and other drum editing tasks (hihat etc), it would be handy to be able to draw velocity curves in the same way one can do with other Value 2 values. It seems that note velocity can only be edited note by note.
If you just kind of sweep along with the mouse in the Value 2 window when it's showing velocity, doesn't that edit the value for each note as the mouse pointer passes by? It's not exactly drawing curves and lines, but it is much faster than note-by-note.

DaveL

DaveL60 wrote: If you just kind of sweep along with the mouse in the Value 2 window when it's showing velocity, doesn't that edit the value for each note as the mouse pointer passes by? It's not exactly drawing curves and lines, but it is much faster than note-by-note.
DaveL
Hi Dave,

No, it doesn't do that, not at least for me :). It seems to select the Value 2 bar that is the nearest when you click, then only this bar is affected by your mouse movement.

rgds,

grizzly

Guess I was confusing LUNA with Tracktion, then. I'm pretty sure Tracktion works the way I described, because I did that recently to add some velocity variation to a MIDI track I'd downloaded. Sorry for the dilatory response. :)

DaveL

It's indeed not yet possible, but it's on the whishlist.

Jo: Any progress on this one? I found myself wanting a nice linearly growing velocity curve for something, couldn't remember if/how to do that, went looking and found this. Status?

DaveL
You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

Currently luna is undergoing heavy surgery as a big thing is being added.

Meanwhile a lot of 'little' improvements are being added too.

Soon there will come an intermediate version, MU.LAB beta 1.

Return to “MUTOOLS”