Drawing in MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do you get curvy lines when the drawing tool only seems to make straight ones? Wouldn't it be better to have a free drawing tool rather than one that does lines?
Last edited by aMUSEd on Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Note that you can load waveforms from disk via the context menu.

So if you want to design waveforms in detail, best to use an external wave editor.

Sure but if I want to adjust fine details having just a straight line to do it with feels a bit clumsy

In retrospect I shouldn't have just mentioned this in relation to the oscs - I can only draw straight lines in the automation editor too - the question should really be, how do you get curves in MuLab with the drawing tool?

Regarding automation curves: Indeed, currently only straight line segments.

Note that you can make smooth curves using multiple straight lines too.

Automation curve editing will be further improved in future version(s).

mutools wrote:Regarding automation curves: Indeed, currently only straight line segments.

Note that you can make smooth curves using multiple straight lines too.

Automation curve editing will be further improved in future version(s).
this is good news!
In the future there will be robots!

+1

I really need that free curve feature for automation.
When working with lines I noticed some very strange behavior.
As soon as I try to modify existing lines I end up with garbage scrambled lines.

+infinity for automation curves
In the future there will be robots!

MuLab *still* doesn't have curves? :(

Is there any similar program out there(price, ease-of-use, & looks)?

Me too +n ...
At the moment editing pitch bends in the event editor is really "horror". Sometimes I cannot hit the zero line even if mulab is showing me the value "0.00000". MuLab then vertically shifts the value in a non-comprehensible manner. Is it a bug?
Anyway, bend points - similar to automation parts - and a grid would be a great improvement for the event editor.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

mutools wrote:[automation envelopes]
Hm... I can't figure out how to access this 'Envelope Editor'/'Multi-Point Envelopes'. Is this only for synths/MUX, and not available for plain notes in the sequencer?

-Is there a way to move/change what track/module I have selected, using the keyboard? I found shortcuts for doing this with VTS instruments, at least.

-Accessing VST's seems a bit clunky; a simpler, larger/multi-column window would be great.

As a beginner, I probably won't need advanced curve editing, but it's so easy in Live/Podium/FL/Cubase/etc... Otherwise, for what you get for the price, this is probably my favorite DAW. :)

Drag a parameter on a track and the track will turn into an envelope automation editor. (Right click a parameter and select "Drag Parameter")
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

CT007 wrote:
mutools wrote:[automation envelopes]
Hm... I can't figure out how to access this 'Envelope Editor'/'Multi-Point Envelopes'. Is this only for synths/MUX, and not available for plain notes in the sequencer?
dakkra wrote:Drag a parameter on a track and the track will turn into an envelope automation editor. (Right click a parameter and select "Drag Parameter")
That's "Yes, only for synths/MUX, and not available for plain notes" (or other MIDI values). It would be nice, seeing as the resolution in the editor isn't limited to 0-127, to have proper curve editing everywhere.

Ah yes. My bad. I need to re-read what people say before I post something :oops:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”