Drawing in MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Next test version features automation parts that can also do MIDI Controllers, Aftertouch and Pitch Bend. That way you'll be able to create pitch bend patterns with all means of the envelope editor. Next test version will be available later today ;)

mutools wrote:Next test version
You get access to test versions if you buy MuLab then?

Just went through every listed shortcut; no way to select previous/next track/rack. :( Things are definitely too mouse-intensive, and shortcuts should not be per-window, so I can 'select next/previous instrument/track/rack' while playing the virtual keyboard! :)

CT007 wrote:
mutools wrote:Next test version
You get access to test versions if you buy MuLab then?
See http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=395459

You can test it too!

MuLab would be a no-brainer buy for me, if these were thoroughly improved:
+ better & easier note/MIDI editing(curves, invert, reverse, easier way to delete?, etc)
+ improved hotkey ability(eg., select different tracks/racks)
+ ability to activate/click more than 1 key at a time, in the MuLab keyboard
+ audio engine purging, when keys on the virtual keyboard get stuck

The MUX VSTi's are really nice, except for lacking a way to access presets better/quicker(inside other DAWs). For example, in MuLab I can open the MUX preset list/browser, click an instrument, then use up/down arrows to immediately change instruments/presets...but if you open this same MUX preset browser/list in another DAW, through a VST "player", you can't change presets this way :( Rather crippling, to a rather great plug-in!

Yes, I agree that being able to draw curves in OSC and automation would be very welcome. As would be being able to draw custom LFO shapes :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:Yes, I agree that being able to draw curves in OSC
You can draw oscillator waveforms!
and automation
You can draw automation envelopes!
As would be being able to draw custom LFO shapes :)
You can draw customp LFO waveforms: Using a looped Multi-Point Envelope!

mutools wrote:You can draw oscillator waveforms!
I know, I was talking about drawing curves. Now only straight lines seem to be possible.
mutools wrote:You can draw customp LFO waveforms: Using a looped Multi-Point Envelope!
Yes, but why isn't it possible to draw them the same way like we can do with normal OSC's (like the OSC in MuSynth)
Last edited by Nielzie on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nielzie wrote:I know, I was talking about drawing curves. Now only straight lines seem to be possible.
Right click a node, Edit, Curve.

pljones wrote:
Nielzie wrote:I know, I was talking about drawing curves. Now only straight lines seem to be possible.
Right click a node, Edit, Curve.
I don't understand. If I right click the waveform of OSC 1 of the MuSynth, I don't get that option. What "nodes" are you referring to?

Nielzie wrote:
mutools wrote:You can draw customp LFO waveforms: Using a looped Multi-Point Envelope!
Yes, but why isn't it possible to draw them the same way like we can do with normal OSC's (like the OSC in MuSynth)
I'm pretty sure it's possible. But it would be pointless. If you can already come up with what you need then why make another way to do it? Just loop the multi-point envelope editor and you've got yourself a custom LFO generator. Why make something you already have when you can make something you don't already have?
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's possible. But it would be pointless. If you can already come up with what you need then why make another way to do it? Just loop the multi-point envelope editor and you've got yourself a custom LFO generator. Why make something you already have when you can make something you don't already have?
Well, I'm looking at it as I'm a novice. I start the MuSynth, the main synth of MuLab. I look at the oscillators and I notice I can manually draw its waveform.. cool! But how do I draw a curve, like in a sine wave?

Oh and I see the same waveform display on the LFO's. Let's click and draw something there then for modulating the filter cutoff.. oh clicking just selects the next waveform. But how do I draw it?

Novice, so no desire yet to go deep and modular. I only see what there is on the surface.

Nielzie wrote:What "nodes" are you referring to?
Sorry, misread the quoting. I was thinking automation still :oops: .

Been trying the free version, nice! The multipoint envelope setup is handy, but is there a way to draw freehand curves? This thread makes it look like there isn't. No biggie if not. Thanks-

Well, freehand or not I bought it. I'm from the land of Podium and EXT 1 and this scratches those itches nicely(automation and modularity) and goes well beyond. The way the onboard instruments and effects are integrated is unique in the daw world. I salute you Jo-

Consider freehand draw as a FR as it would help editing of recorded parameter changes, instead of using straight line draw. Though I can live with the other options available just fine!

Im glad to be a part of this now. Thanks-

Thanks for supporting the R&D of new versions Jonathan!

Wrt the automation editing: At least i want to add a function that can translate the MIDI control and parameter event recordings into multi-point envelopes. It's on the wishlist.

Return to “MUTOOLS”