Pan Question

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry for the basic question...but Ive recorded some audio..sent it to an empty rack..how do I get it to pan on the left for instance? :?

Ive checked the documentation and there is reference to doing this..but I cant seem to get it happening...

Help muchly appreciated!

MM

The panner is above the volume slider:

Hope this answers your question, else let me know.

Doh!...yes got it now thanks!.. :)

My question fits well to this older topic:

What does the pan slider "really" do: controlling l/r volume (balance) or delaying one audio signal (simulating the different ear distance)?

When dragging the pan slider 100 % to the right, I still hear sound on the left speaker (MU.LAB 3.2.14). :o

Have a good sound. Bye

Reincke wrote:My question fits well to this older topic:

What does the pan slider "really" do: controlling l/r volume (balance) or delaying one audio signal (simulating the different ear distance)?
It's a stereo panner so it pans the left and right signals.
http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/racks.html
When dragging the pan slider 100 % to the right, I still hear sound on the left speaker (MU.LAB 3.2.14). :o
There must be some logical reason.
Maybe the audio is sent to somewhere else before the panner?

If you can't find the reason, please make the session as simple as possible until only that problem remains (no vstis, no samples, no other redundant stuff) then post that session here via a link.

mutools wrote:
Reincke wrote:My question fits well to this older topic:
It's a stereo panner so it pans the left and right signals.
http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/racks.html
Thank you for the quick reply. As usual I first read the documentation before asking here, but i haven't found, if you're panning just the "volume".
Positioning an instrument in a stereo panorama is a combination of at least a difference in volume and also a little delay (below 0,5 ms) between the stereo signals. You'll even get a realistic panning effect without panning the volume, only with that delay. Besides I'm building a patch for that giving a more realistic panorama sound. If someone is interested ...
mutools wrote:
If you can't find the reason, please make the session as simple as possible until only that problem remains (no vstis, no samples, no other redundant stuff) then post that session here via a link.
I'll try to isolate the effect. More at next monday.

Reincke wrote:Positioning an instrument in a stereo panorama is a combination of at least a difference in volume and also a little delay (below 0,5 ms) between the stereo signals. You'll even get a realistic panning effect without panning the volume, only with that delay. Besides I'm building a patch for that giving a more realistic panorama sound. If someone is interested ...
Yes, definitely!
It can be added to the factory lib, if that's ok with you.

mutools wrote:It can be added to the factory lib, if that's ok with you.
Of course it is. We're all a big family, aren't we? Give me some time 'til next week.

:tu:

Reincke wrote:Give me some time 'til next week.
Would it be a good idea to upload this MUX at KVR ("Banks & Patches")?

Not yet, because the MUX does not yet exist as a VST plugin.
That's planned though, and is getting much closer as that was one of more reasons why i invested so much time in the MUX during M4 development.

When you have MUX patches that can be useful to others, feel free to mail me them for eventual inclusion in the library.

I would recommend using M4 already for creating patches.

mutools wrote:
Reincke wrote: When dragging the pan slider 100 % to the right, I still hear sound on the left speaker (MU.LAB 3.2.14). :o

That was my fault. I accidentially had switched my soundcard to dolby surround, without having a dolby surround quipment :dog:. Sorry.

Return to “MUTOOLS”