Change time signature within composition?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I've just started playing around with the demo version of Mulab, and I'm very impressed - quick, simple to use, very intuitive, and yet there are some really sophisticated functions like the MPA and the MUX.

I'd buy it right now except for one thing: as far as I can see the time signature is fixed for the whole composition.

What I want to do is (for example) have the composition in 4/4, then shift to 3/4 at bar 5, then back to 4/4 at bar 6. Is this possible?

If it isn't possible, are there any plans to implement this in version 3? Please say yes, as I really want to buy Mulab, but without the ability to change time signature whenever I like I'm going to have to pass.

Thanks!

No it's not yet possible.

And it's not yet planned for M3 neither, sorry.

Maybe in a later version.

Thanks for the quick answer - all though I must admit it wasn't the answer I was hoping for :cry:

I know that most music is written in a single time signature, but does anybody else out there think that the ability to change time signature within a composition would be a major improvement to Mulab? Maybe if enough of you think so too it could get bumped up the wish-list.

I certainly agree it would be a very useful addition.

The only reason why it's not yet implemented is because it's quite expensive, dev-time wise. M3 contains many improvements and workflow enhancements that got priority upon this feature request.

Maybe in a future version it will finally be there.

Is it really important to have the proper time signature ?

1st one is drawing the bars a little bit stronger each time cycle,
so it is a question of beauty only.

2nd one might be automatic synchronisation to e.g. a drums plug in,
might be important.

Any other crucial point ?
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

outbackyak wrote: If it isn't possible, are there any plans to implement this in version 3? Please say yes.
+ 1
and I'm using the "Unlimited" version.

I agree - this is important.

But I think more important than this is being able to change the tempo.
It would be more useful.
Sony Acid can do this, and I believe almost every DAW can.

Jo, please tell me it's in the wishlist for MU.LAB 4!
Tomasab (or dj vento)

It's already there:

Right-click the tempo and discover the options ;)

Note that you can also record your movements on the tempo slider.

Isn't that already possible in the List (edit) editor? (Time Changes)
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “MUTOOLS”