M3 hangs in Vista

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed MUTOOLS version 3 and it hangs in Vista. I can drag and drop MIDI sequences and if I click on a rack that rack gets focus. It does not respond to clicks on FILE, EDIT and HELP. The transport buttons, PLAY/STOP foward etc are not painted in either. The program does close properly.

Advice is appreciated.

Which version of MULAB are you running?
What sound driver did you select when you first ran the application?
Have you tried uninstalling/deleting the install folder and re-extracting?

It sounds like a driver issue somewhere to me...

I "uninstalled/installed" it with all three audio options. I tried it with no driver, ASIO and the new Windows driver. I find it odd that it doesn't respond to clicks on FILE, EDIT and HELP. The Windows Event viewer doesn't reveal any clues either. Anyone else seeing this in Vista?

There is more ............

Using the ASIO driver it works if you press space bar to play the presently loaded song. If you press CTRL-O it will open a new file. Left clicking on FILE, EDIT or HELP doesn't produce and result.

Are you using the standard Microsoft OS mouse driver? (I'm clutching at straws here...)

Single display or multiple displays?

Standard HID mouse driver with a single display.

I see the same exact symptoms on an XP professional box!

I'm running 3.0.34 with Vista. I get a crash from time to time but it mostly runs fine.

I can only think that it is something system specific. Do these 2 machines have something in common?

I can't think of anything they have in common. I've used MUTOOLs 2.4.x and 2.7.x on both for many months and never seen anything like this.

I installed version 3.0.6 on a second XT machine and it works properly. I'll keep hacking away at this.

Can you please also try the latest MU.LAB 3.0.37.

Available from http://www.mutools.com/downloads.html

The problem was operator error. I unziped the program to an existing MULAB folder. I think that some of the existing files in that folder caused the problem. When I unzipped the program to a new and empty folder all is well.

They've added a lot cool stuff and I think its time to buy a key. Great work and thanks!

Oh, ok, glad this is sorted :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”