MU.LAB ignores a vst I'm trying to load

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to try out a plugin that I downloaded - SuperEel but when I "add module" either in a rack or the Deep Editor of MUX it seems to forget what it was doing after I locate the dll for MU.LAB.

Once again, I don't know anything about this plug-in but shouldn't I at least get some kind of error or incompatibility message when MU.LAB is trying to install it, instead of nothing? (By nothing I mean, MU.LAB just goes about its business without any acknowledgement of what we were doing and what failed to happen.

John

Please do this:

1) Go to Help menu -> Start Logging
2) Go to VST Plugin Manager and remove SuperEel if it's there
3) Try adding SuperEel
4) Close VST Plugin Manager, go to Help menu -> Stop Logging

Now in your Mulab folder there will be a Log-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.Txt file.

Could you please email me that file. Thanks.

mutools wrote:Please do this:

1) Go to Help menu -> Start Logging
2) Go to VST Plugin Manager and remove SuperEel if it's there
3) Try adding SuperEel
4) Close VST Plugin Manager, go to Help menu -> Stop Logging

Now in your Mulab folder there will be a Log-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.Txt file.

Could you please email me that file. Thanks.
Mail sent,

John

Thanks for the log.

The VST plugin crashes while initializing. That's why it's 'disabled'.
Why it crashes is a question for the VST developer.

I've added a note on the whishlist that the VST scan log window which appears on the screen should include more details in case of failure, so that we don't have to do the extra logging anymore.

mutools wrote:Thanks for the log.

The VST plugin crashes while initializing. That's why it's 'disabled'.
Why it crashes is a question for the VST developer.

I've added a note on the whishlist that the VST scan log window which appears on the screen should include more details in case of failure, so that we don't have to do the extra logging anymore.
As it is now, when the ADD fails MU.LAB doesn't show anything. That is, when an ADD is successful, the module appears where you try to add it and you go about your business. When it fails you get nothing, so how about if the ADD fails instead of placing the module where you want it MU.LAB puts out a message that you have to click to close saying (Add failed, or module crashed, or some such thing. Even a message as simple as "MU.LAB can't add this module would help a user understand what's happening Perhaps we're saying the same thing, I'm not sure.

John

Ah... scanning and adding a single VST do need to act differently. Scanning shows you the result in the list of VSTs. Adding a single one... doesn't, so there does need to be some confirmation (or rather, failure indication).

It's on the whishlist.

Return to “MUTOOLS”