Hi Mihai Sorohan

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheGuysanIdiot wrote: "Dream Of The Piano - OZMIX.MuSession"

then

"(c) Mihai Sorohan - remixed by Richard Osborn"
That would be purrrrrect.

Naming songs is one of my worst nightmares :lol: I usually end up with titles like "The song in C minor that I was thinking of it in the kitchen, not the jazz one but the electro one" or "track 3 test in G major with trumpet"... :lol:

Also, you can put it to "Music Cafe" and advertise this way Mu.Lab ;)

Hi Mihai,

You are obviously a professional working musician and I have seen you on the TV etc.

You write your own music and then post stuff on the internet etc.

So I have a question that has always bugged me and I think you may be able to help me with this specific question.

So here goes.

I have a song melody in my head I then write it into my DAW. I then make a song around this melody line. So as far as I am concerned the melody line that I wrote was my own idea not copied from an existing song.

How do I know that my melody line has come from me and not something that I heard many years ago on the radio etc.

How do you cope with this type of thing.

There must be millions of songs out there how do I know if my song is indeed original and that I have not accidentally made a song very similar to an existing work.

This is very relevant to me as I hope to post some of my stuff here for other MU.LAB users to see etc.

OZ

TheGuysanIdiot wrote: I have a song melody in my head I then write it into my DAW. I then make a song around this melody line. So as far as I am concerned the melody line that I wrote was my own idea not copied from an existing song.
We all are influenced by our cultural environment, so, almost 100% of what we write is based on something else, more or less conscious.
Probably if you'll take all pop songs you'll end up with THIS
TheGuysanIdiot wrote: How do I know that my melody line has come from me and not something that I heard many years ago on the radio etc.

How do you cope with this type of thing.
Even so, you'll probably make a "imperfect copy" of it, which will make it different. Then you'll make an arrangement and you'll probably combine that idea with something else and the final product will get very different.
It's same thing with "You are what you eat" but on a different level.

I personally try to listen to very different music all the times, so if I "borrow" an idea from... let's say Pat Metheny, I'll probably make an arrangement like Testament on it :lol:
TheGuysanIdiot wrote: There must be millions of songs out there how do I know if my song is indeed original and that I have not accidentally made a song very similar to an existing work.
That brings back to me a childhood memory.
We were a group of friends playing guitar and being interested in rock and metal. Almost everyone had a band but every evening we would come together in a park with guitars and "hang out" together.
One day, one of the guys came very excited and say:
-Listen guys what song I composed today, and started to play.
At that moment, other guy just come and say:
-It's not like this, listen, it's like that (and started playing)
-How can you tell me how is it ? I composed it!
:lol:
Turned to be Sanitarium by Metallica :lol:
TheGuysanIdiot wrote: This is very relevant to me as I hope to post some of my stuff here for other MU.LAB users to see etc.

You post stuff and start worry only if you get sued :lol:

On a serious note, even if somehow you get "heavily inspired" by something else, you'll probably end up with a very different track.

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for the reply. Probably the best answer I have seen anywhere on the internet.

I will post some stuff soon and I will talk more later.

Thanks again.

Have a good night.

OZ

Return to “MUTOOLS”