Soon we'll be enjoying the warm afterglow of the release of "MU.LAB 3"

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After M3 is released:

(a) Jo will be ready for a well deserved rest ('R&D pause'). He'll also be able to enjoy reading the messages of congratulation that will surely follow (and hopefully, sales enquiries !).

(b) Contributers to the 'M3 Tests' topic will reflect on just how swiftly the majority of their reports, requests, etc have been resolved and incorporated into M3.

(c) For myself, one little task that I'll be doing, to coincide with the M3 release, is to improve the folder structure for my vst's, soundfonts, samples, players, etc.
I was previously a bit inexperienced in this area, so my folders aren't as tidy and consistent as I would like.

At the same time, because MU.LAB now uses the term 'Module' as a basic unit, I may also reflect that in my folder-naming.

I'm on Windows (Win 7, and Win XP), and I'm thinking along the following lines - but any criticisms or suggestions from experienced users would be most welcome !

The structure within the 'SOFTWARE modules' folder could then be as follows (for example):

For some people, this structure may be over sophisticated but, as you can probably guess, I like to have a place for everything, and everything in it's place !

Les J.

Me again:

I've copied (and slightly modified) my "folder structure" notes from (c) above - and posted a separate topic "How best to organise plugins folders ?".

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Les J.

Return to “MUTOOLS”