Little FR regarding loading presets/soundbanks

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to request a little "feature":

When choosing "Open Program/Bank" from the "Options" Menu the file browser always starts from the default MULAB directory and I have to navigate every time to the directory where the vst plugin has been installed, because most of the time it's soundbanks are installed to that same directory.

It would be nice if the browser would start in the same directory from where the current plugin file is loaded.

Anyone else who thinks this would more convenient?

Yes. It make sense. +1

Another uncomfortable thing is the fact that it's impossible to recognize to what Module the Preset belongs.
As I proposed previously an Icon or at least an extension to the Preset would suffice.

Hopefully the future (now Jo needs a nice brake :phew: ) will incorporate some... :shrug:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Agree,

even Mulab-Synths should start with the current one,
when selecting a new one (with click into the preset name field)
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

Nielzie wrote:I would like to request a little "feature":

When choosing "Open Program/Bank" from the "Options" Menu the file browser always starts from the default MULAB directory
Currently, MU.LAB should start in the folder you last visited regarding VST programs/banks. Isn't that the case?
and I have to navigate every time to the directory where the vst plugin has been installed, because most of the time it's soundbanks are installed to that same directory.

It would be nice if the browser would start in the same directory from where the current plugin file is loaded.

Anyone else who thinks this would more convenient?
Added a note on the whishlist.

liquidsound wrote:Yes. It make sense. +1

Another uncomfortable thing is the fact that it's impossible to recognize to what Module the Preset belongs.
As I proposed previously an Icon or at least an extension to the Preset would suffice.
It's on the whishlist.

mutools wrote:
Currently, MU.LAB should start in the folder you last visited regarding VST programs/banks. Isn't that the case?
True, but after you restart MU.LAB and the particular project and vst(i) it defaults back to the MU.LAB directory again.
mutools wrote:Added a note on the whishlist.
Thanks !! :)

Nielzie wrote:
mutools wrote:
True, but after you restart MU.LAB and the particular project and vst(i) it defaults back to the MU.LAB directory again.
That's strange.

I just tried it here and the last VST program/bank folder i visited was propery memorized, even after doing a quit + launch again. Not on your system?

mutools wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
mutools wrote:
That's strange.

I just tried it here and the last VST program/bank folder i visited was propery memorized, even after doing a quit + launch again. Not on your system?
Sorry I meant "after you restart MU.LAB and the particular vst(i) in a new session it defaults back to the MU.LAB directory again.".

Of course when I save a session the active preset from a plugin is saved as active preset in the session file. I meant when creating a new session and opening up the vst(i) again, then the file browser defaults to the MU.LAB directory when browsing for presets/soundbanks. It would then be more convenient to start the browser in the folder from where the active plugin is loaded.

Return to “MUTOOLS”