Rewire

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded the m-audio pro tools demo software, which does not allow you to export or save your sessions.
Is it worth using the rewiring feature, and would it still work since it will not save the session in the first place. Maybe a way to work around this. I was planning on using their EQ,FILTERS and COMPRESSION plug-ins when editing my M3 projects.

Thanks,

FUNK01

I don't think ReWire will be a solution here because:

1) With ReWire, you cannot send audio from the host (MU.LAB) to the slave (ProTools)

2) Even if 1) would be possible, you can't save your setup (ProTools demo version) which is quite unpractical i think

So Rewire is basically, two DAW's working along with each other in realtime ?

The purpose of ReWire (as I understand it), is to allow one DAW to be the master and another to act like a plugin instrument, receiving MIDI and outputting Audio, synchronised to the master. The plugin/slave DAW can do whatever it likes with the incoming MIDI and generate the Audio output in whatever means takes its fancy. Doesn't need to be in real-time, so long as they're synchronised.

(I've no idea what the benefits are over the VST protocol, if any.)

Can you give me an idea of some of the DAW's you use when using the re-wire feature as plug-in/slaves.

Thanks,

Funk01

I've briefly used MU.LAB as master and Reaper as slave. It was more to try out the new MU.LAB feature than do anything productive, though. I know people are using Reason with MU.LAB, too.

Got it.

Thanks for the info.

mutools wrote:I don't think ReWire will be a solution here because:

1) With ReWire, you cannot send audio from the host (MU.LAB) to the slave (ProTools)

2) Even if 1) would be possible, you can't save your setup (ProTools demo version) which is quite unpractical i think
Will being able to send audio from the host (MU.LAB) to the slave (ProTools)ever be a update in the near future?

That's a question for Propellerheads as it's just not supported in the ReWire system.

mutools wrote:That's a question for Propellerheads as it's just not supported in the ReWire system.
ThanX 8)

Return to “MUTOOLS”